Driving Classes in Dublin - Cost and Reccomendations please

General topic discussion forum
dina123
Antispam: No

Driving Classes in Dublin - Cost and Reccomendations please

Post by dina123 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi All.

I wanted to take driving classes and the 12 mandatory EDT classes in Dublin and am looking for some recommendations on some good instructor in South Dublin or city center area?

Also, If any one has taken the classes recently - can you please advise on how much was the total cost .
I have been driving elsewhere in the past - US and germany on IDP, though never Ireland and I think I should be fine with some brush up ( parallel park ,driving on the wrong side etc ;) and the mandatory classes..

Some driving schools are charging 290-300 € for the 12 classes and would probably charge a bit more for the extra classes - I guess in total I would be paying around 400 /450 € Is this what you have paid in the past ??

Some tips pleaz..
thanks a lot
Dina

cobratom
Seasoned Member

Re: Driving Classes in Dublin - Cost and Reccomendations ple

Post by cobratom » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 pm

del
Last edited by cobratom on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rahuljainca
Seasoned Member

Post by rahuljainca » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 pm

It is mandatory to get 12 classes from a driving instructor. Once done, they issue you a certificate. Based on that you can schedule your driving test.

Some of the important areas they will test are

- hill start
- reverse around the corner
- Making right signals in the roundabout.
- some theory

I know a very good driving class goes by the name of Sunbury Driving School and the name of the person who was instructing me was Kathleen. She was tough but good for exams. She does not hesitate to say what you did was wrong and will not give you any high hopes. She is very practical and very helpful in sorting the issue.

The average fees for 12 classes these days is €300 and they will charge you extra if you took their car for driving test.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!! enjoy driving!!!

stephenboyds

Post by stephenboyds » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 am

In general, the cost of learning in a driving school is dependent on the number of hours of instruction you take. There are classroom lessons that could cost from €35 to $330. On the other hand, you can enroll in some driving lesson packages that will include some hours of classroom instruction plus actual driving training. For more information about the price of driving lessons, you can visit http://www.ingear.ie/prices.php

a_betty

Post by a_betty » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 am

Driving a huge truck is always difficult and to be a good truck driver you should have a valid driving license and good driving skills.
LR Truck license QLD

james27

Post by james27 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 am

With so many truck driving schools, how can you find one of the best schools that fits with your expectations perfectly? I am looking for Vehicle Control Training courses as soon as possible. Please help.

kanwar.arora

Post by kanwar.arora » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Phone +353 86 647 4493

Email colman.sheehan@gmail.com

Call him ,perfect gentleman and really good instructor from RSA driving school,also very affordable and you can give him my name .

Passed my test first time .

Thanks
K

willnorth_46

Post by willnorth_46 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:54 am

Well dear, I have no idea about the charges of Dublin’s driving school. But I can recommend you the best one of driving schools here; “Port Macquarie Driving School”. For more detail, visit at the website.