STAMP 1 and IRP card holder, London transit

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
dhineshks
Antispam: No

STAMP 1 and IRP card holder, London transit

Post by dhineshks » Sun May 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello,

I know this has been discussed many times in the forum but still have a doubt as I'm holding stamp 1. Lot of ppl mentioned they are in stamp 4 IRP card. Will that makes a difference while coming back to Dublin via Heathrow ?

I have valid stamp 1 IRP, my wife has stamp 3 and I have multi entry visa for my kid. I am going and coming back via heathrow. No terminal or airport change. I understand while going there won't be any issues. But while coming will I require transit ?

Regards
D

dhineshks

Re: STAMP 1 and IRP card holder, London transit

Post by dhineshks » Mon May 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello All,

Please share your thoughts. I am worried as Ireland has now abolished multi entry visas. So, i won't be having any visa and I have to rely on my IRP card for Transit.

Regards
D

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Thu May 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Don't worry at the Heathrow border control they will ask for your IRP ,will ask you how long have you been working and will give you a transit stamp for that particular day

dhineshks

Post by dhineshks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:56 pm

KGOEL wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:46 pm
Don't worry at the Heathrow border control they will ask for your IRP ,will ask you how long have you been working and will give you a transit stamp for that particular day
Thank you KGOEL.. i completed my trip without any issue. As you mention, London transit was smooth.

Regards
D

sree123

Post by sree123 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Dinesh,
Quick question on the same topic, sorry to bother you.. I am planning to travel to India via London from Dublin with my wife and Kid. Even if there is no terminal change will there be an immigration check for visa? Do we get a stamp on our passport once we show the IRP?

Appreciate your help on this so that i can buy the tickets thru British airways

Thanks

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:01 pm

From Dublin to India Via London there is no passport control ,so no one will check your passport.

From India via London to Dublin - you will pass through the border control at Heathrow ,the border control officer will ask for your IRP and your Spouse ,might ask for your Work permit and then they will give you a transit stamp on your passport for they day your landed .