Second Stage of the Employments Permits Bill 2005

A collection of articles that may be helpful while accessing public services in Ireland.
Please remember to put the source information.<br>
Please Note:We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
pooja

Second Stage of the Employments Permits Bill 2005

Post by pooja » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:35 am

Hi All,

There seem to be some changes in the Employment bill since last time. Apparently not all skilled migrant workers will have to earn a minimum of about €55,000 per year to qualify for the Government's new green card system. Following is a snippet from a news article: -

"Firstly, where the annual salary – excluding bonuses - on offer is in excess of €60,000 the Green Card will be available for an extensive list of occupations. It will also be available in the annual salary range from €30,000 to €60,000 for a restricted number of skills shortage occupations. These occupations will be identified after taking advice from the Expert Group on Future Skills Need."

I am quiet sure IT will fall in 30 - 60,000 pa category. From the face of it the new system seems much better than the one currently in place.

You can read the detail article here: -

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusiness ... 3600.shtml

Regards,

Pooja

Aj
Seasoned Member
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 15

Post by Aj » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:47 am

Pooja,

Yes, this is the system that seems to be in place in future. I read the 'Dail' report on this - same stuff. I don't think this is going to be linked to any point system like UK or Canada as predicted by few others on this forum before.

Good news - The latest discussion in 'Dail' points out to the fact that people earning between 30-60K could also be covered under the 'Greencard' scheme for a restricted number of skill shortage occupation.

As you mentioned, I also think that IT/ Health/Construction will definitely fall in that range. Areas like 'Sales & Marketing', 'Financial Services' and 'Research/Technical services' might go above 60K!

Other good news - 'Spouses' of these 'Greencard' holders need not to be worried about 'Work permits' anymore. The bill suggests direct employment for them without any work permit needs.

Regards,

Aj

pooja

Post by pooja » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:58 am

Aj,

I had no idea that spouses of green card holders will not need work permit. This makes this bill even better. This is going to make things a lot easier for a lot of people.

However I didn't find any information regarding this on net. Can you give me the link where you got this detailed info from?

Regards,

Pooja

sanjayj
Seasoned Member

Post by sanjayj » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:07 am

Hi Pooja,

This info. is in the news item.

"........Secondly, the Green Cards will be issued for two years initially, with the possibility of permanent or long-term residence after that.

Thirdly, Green Card holders will be permitted to bring their spouses and families to join them immediately, and their spouses will have the right to work without a work permit.

"

Sanjay

Aj
Seasoned Member

Post by Aj » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:40 am

Pooja,

Have a look at the following url - detailed info.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... Node=H7#H7

Regards,

Aj

deepak
Seasoned Member

Post by deepak » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:48 am

Hi Pooja,
You really gave a great news..This will make the things thousands time easier specially for the people who are living and will be coming to Ireland in future.I guess no one would complain anymore about the stupid bureaucratic and complex policies of the govt for the migrant workers.
Cheers guys and all the best..

Deepak

brbiyer
Seasoned Member

Post by brbiyer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:10 am

This is good news indeed.
But tell me, is this already on place? or just a proposal?
Banu

Aj
Seasoned Member

Post by Aj » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:20 am

Banu,

A proposal at the moment. Let's hope for the best.

Regards,

Aj

Aj
Seasoned Member

Post by Aj » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:38 pm

More information on Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment website.

http://www.entemp.ie/press/2005/20051012a.htm

Regards,

Aj

pooja

Post by pooja » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:39 pm

sanjayj wrote:Hi Pooja,

This info. is in the news item.

Thirdly, Green Card holders will be permitted to bring their spouses and families to join them immediately, and their spouses will have the right to work without a work permit.

Sanjay
Thanks for pointing it out Sanjay, I don't know how I missed that.

Pooja

Aj
Seasoned Member

Post by Aj » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:57 pm

Folks,

More on 'Green card' as reported by 'AIB Global Treasury Services' information portal:

Regards,

Aj

------------------------------------------------------
CCI calls for permanent residency option

Wednesday, 26th October 2005 02.37pm

The Chambers of Commerce Ireland has called for an option for permanent residency for migrant workers.

In its presentation this morning to the Oireachtas Committee on Enterprise and Small Business on the Employment Permits Bill, the CCI said it cautiously welcomes the bill but said that it does not go far enough to tackling the impediments to making Ireland a first choice destination for skilled migrant workers.

"It is imperative that the new permits system include an option for permanent residency, similar to the US's Green Card system. This will not only encourage talented workers to come to Ireland but will also ensure their full participation in Irish society and its economy," the CCI said.

The CCI said the new regime will not resemble "Green Cards" as generally understood in the context of the American system, which provides for permanent residency and gives the card holder almost the same rights and entitlements of a citizen.

"Instead of treating skilled migrants as potentially permanent members of Irish society with the ability to make valuable contributions to the country, the current system treats them as disposable labour simply filling a short term gap."

vdrkrishna

Re: Second Stage of the Employments Permits Bill 2005

Post by vdrkrishna » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:32 am

Hi, pooja

can u please advice me how to get the green card here, am residing from last 5 five years with student status and am engineering student.

rk

pooja wrote:Hi All,

There seem to be some changes in the Employment bill since last time. Apparently not all skilled migrant workers will have to earn a minimum of about €55,000 per year to qualify for the Government's new green card system. Following is a snippet from a news article: -

"Firstly, where the annual salary – excluding bonuses - on offer is in excess of €60,000 the Green Card will be available for an extensive list of occupations. It will also be available in the annual salary range from €30,000 to €60,000 for a restricted number of skills shortage occupations. These occupations will be identified after taking advice from the Expert Group on Future Skills Need."

I am quiet sure IT will fall in 30 - 60,000 pa category. From the face of it the new system seems much better than the one currently in place.

You can read the detail article here: -

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusiness ... 3600.shtml

Regards,

Pooja

Aj
Seasoned Member

Post by Aj » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:26 pm

May be I can answer this!

As per my understanding, If you're a student no matter how long you stay here you can't get a green card/ permanent residency/ naturalisation. Green card is linked to doing a job in this country under specific categories.

Hope it helps.

Aj

johnkangla
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 13
Antispam: No

Post by johnkangla » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 pm

i think you have a great site here... today was my first time coming here.. i just happened to find it doing a google search. anyway, great post.

movers las vegas nv
car transportation services

Kristenastewart
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 13
Antispam: No

Post by Kristenastewart » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 am

Bill Entitled an Act to provide for the grant of employment permits to certain non-nationals for the purpose of permitting them to be in employment in the State, to enable the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment to make, having had regard to certain criteria, regulations imposing a limit on the number of such permits that may be granted in a particular period and imposing certain other restrictions with regard to the grant of such permits, to otherwise regulate the employment of certain non-nationals in the State and provide certain protections for non-nationals in employment in the State, to amend the Employment Permits Act 2003 and to provide for related matters

High School Diploma