Moving to Dublin, pls help

A collection of articles that may be helpful while accessing public services in Ireland.
Please remember to put the source information.<br>
Please Note:We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
sapnak
Antispam: No

Moving to Dublin, pls help

Post by sapnak » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post here in this group 
Having so many queries in mind, I am finally here to ask/share with you all.
With my family (10 yr old daughter and husband) I will be moving from India to Dublin, Ireland in Mid of September-2016. And being a working mother my biggest concern is settlement of my daughter’s school and her other activities. So pls pls guide me. My workplace would be near to St Johns Road, Dublin 8.
1. Which residential area is preferred where most of the Indian families stay in Dublin?
2. Preferred public primary schools in that or nearby area, what are the overall expenses for the school?
3. What is the school timing and are there any after school activities you guys enrolled your kids into?
4. Any preferred and good gymnastics centre for kids? I may have to check based on the 1st answer
Thanks in advance, awaiting your replies… suggestions 
Regards
Sapna

zeno
Seasoned Member

Re: Moving to Dublin, pls help

Post by zeno » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:09 pm

September is late for school admissions. Contact schools now only.
Check http://www.daft.ie and http://www.myhome.ie for residence/apartments.
Schools near to residence are encouraged.
Dublin-8 is bit rough at a few places, so think before you finalise your residence. Many areas of Dublin-8 are served by Red Line Luas, so you can get school/accommodation on Red Line Luas somewhere and then commute to work. It all depends on your budget as well as your preferences. I would say keep security as your priority.
Please search on this forum using the top right "Search" textbox - you will get a lot of handy information on this topic.
Please do not post duplicate >> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42368&p=73248#p73248

Indish25
Seasoned Member

Post by Indish25 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:44 am

We live in Dublin 8 from the last 5 years, Ideal location for anyone to live.

Close to public transport, shopping area, Indian groceries, schools, post office, parks etc.

Car isn't necessary if you live in and around dublin 8, 7 or 2.

- For schooling, Like Zeno said try to contact some schools around Dublin 8 and see if they have place for your daughter. Although they would be closed due to summer holidays now.

- There are lot of activities happening however mostly indoors.

Hope the above helps.

sapnak

Post by sapnak » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks a lot guys..