Parents Visa Application - travel health insurance

A collection of articles that may be helpful while accessing public services in Ireland.
Please remember to put the source information.<br>
Please Note:We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
save_tiger
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Parents Visa Application - travel health insurance

Post by save_tiger » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm an Indian citizen and spouse of an Irish Citizen and we are living in Dublin.

My Father (an Indian Citizen) wants to visit us in Dublin in May 2013. He will apply for VISA at Kolkata VFS. Can you please send me on the requirements needed for Visa application? Does he require to submit travel insurance along with the VISA application or does he need to show the health insurance later on when he lands at Dublin airport? I am asking this because we would like to keep the flying dates flexible (a week here and there) based on the air-ticket prices; however if we do the health insurance in advance then that would mean we are stuck up with the 90 days duration before hand.

Thanks

narayana.buddepu
Seasoned Member

Re: Parents Visa Application - travel health insurance

Post by narayana.buddepu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:02 pm

sent a PM. check it.

gks

Post by gks » Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 am

Hi Narayan/Save_tiger,

I am also in the same situation. Would you please send me the details. Also I would be thankful if you can tell me the other essential requirements for parents visa.

Thanks a lot.

save_tiger
Seasoned Member

Post by save_tiger » Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi, Below is the check list.

-> Fully completed and signed application form (taken print out from online)
-> Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State
-> Full details of the reason for your visit – e.g. to visit family, friends, etc
"A letter of invitation from your reference in Ireland
confirming accommodation will be provided for duration of your visit and that your parent will not be liability to Irish public fund and that they will go back to India on expiry of visa.
-> Primary GNIB Xerox
-> Primary Passport Xerox
-> Primary Payslips 6 months
-> Primary Bank Statements
-> Primary Utility Bills
-> Primary Company Letter
-> Dependent GNIB Xerox
-> Dependent Passport
-> Marriage Certificate
-> Letter from your parent - consent letter that they will go back to India and that they have enough evidence of tie-up with India and that they will not become a liability on the Irish state
-> Parents salary / pension / earning proof (or salary slip or pension credit in account) + money in bank
-> Asset proof in India

More information can be obtained at below address
Visit family or friends, or as a tourist

They will redirect to local country specific website which is http://www.irelandinindia.com

In addition to these, travel insurance is a MUST for applying visit visa.

You don't need to book air-tickets before this. You only book air-ticket when you get the visa in hand.

gks

Post by gks » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi save_tiger,

Many thanks for that. Just one more query, a letter sent by e-mail is enough for support?

Many thanks again.

save_tiger
Seasoned Member

Post by save_tiger » Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 am

Yes, you take a colour print, then sign it, scan, and send through email. I suggest taking a colour print in India as well.

save_tiger
Seasoned Member

Post by save_tiger » Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 am

save_tiger wrote:Hi, Below is the check list.

-> Fully completed and signed application form (taken print out from online)
-> Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State
-> Full details of the reason for your visit – e.g. to visit family, friends, etc
"A letter of invitation from your reference in Ireland
confirming accommodation will be provided for duration of your visit and that your parent will not be liability to Irish public fund and that they will go back to India on expiry of visa.
-> Primary GNIB Xerox
-> Primary Passport Xerox
-> Primary Payslips 6 months
-> Primary Bank Statements
-> Primary Utility Bills
-> Primary Company Letter
-> Dependent GNIB Xerox
-> Dependent Passport
-> Marriage Certificate
-> Letter from your parent - consent letter that they will go back to India and that they have enough evidence of tie-up with India and that they will not become a liability on the Irish state
-> Parents salary / pension / earning proof (or salary slip or pension credit in account) + money in bank
-> Asset proof in India

More information can be obtained at below address
Visit family or friends, or as a tourist

They will redirect to local country specific website which is http://www.irelandinindia.com

In addition to these, travel insurance is a MUST for applying visit visa.

You don't need to book air-tickets before this. You only book air-ticket when you get the visa in hand.

One more thing to add onto the above list. If you are renting out in Ireland, please get a written confirmation from your landlord/lady or the agency that they have no objection in your parent's stay at your place in Ireland. This is better to have in case your rent agreement is old (and many times it is).

gks

Post by gks » Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 am

Hi,

Many thanks. Surely this will help.

GKS

KaleAlbert

Post by KaleAlbert » Wed May 08, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks for such good information. I am travel lover and for my own safety i must has health insurance. I like to go for a good agency and insured my self. If you ahve any reference please share with me an,me of the travel health insurance agency.

----------------------------------------------------------
For rental insurance quotes or Auto insurance quotes California contact us.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

corbingravely wrote:Hi, I am also facing a similar situation here. We are living in Ireland and a permanent resident here. My parents would be visiting our place next month and I would like to know the visa formalities and all the other requirements to be taken care of before they travel.
All the information is already there above, and then you can also use the top right "Search" textbox, which will give you further useful information.

If you are facing a specific problem please raise that, so that someone can answer that.