Cost of Living in Letterkenny

A collection of articles that may be helpful while accessing public services in Ireland.
Please remember to put the source information.<br>
Please Note:We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Avi Reddy
Antispam: No

Cost of Living in Letterkenny

Post by Avi Reddy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:34 am

Hi All,

Hope you are doing good.

I got an opportunity in Letterkenny and they offered 38k per annum. I have 7 yrs of exp in India and my package is 10 Lakhs here.

I'm for someone who will help me on following queries and I wanted to move along with my wife.

May i know the cost of living in letterkenny including following items.

1. Rent (Preferably single bed room as Me and my wife only are moving and how tough or easy to find single bed room) , if not then will look for double bed room
2. Indian Groceries per month.
3. Electricity, Heaters
4. Internet(Broadband) and Mobile bill for 2 persons.
5. Local Transport.
6. Any miscellaneous expenses.

I'm looking forward to hear from someone with close match of monthly expenses so that i can compare with my Indian package.

balac_m
Antispam: No

Re: Cost of Living in Letterkenny

Post by balac_m » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm

You can check the rents here in the URL below. Comparing to Dublin and Cork, rent in Letterkenny is very low.

https://www.daft.ie/donegal/residential ... rce=rental

Groceries will be around 100 to 200 Euros a month

Electricity and Heating will be around 100 a month and phones/internet will be around 100

I'm not sure about the public transport in Donegal. Bus from Letterkenny to Dublin(no trains) is around 22.50 Eur Return. Not sure about local transport.

Apart from that, I cannot think of any expenses.