Living cost in Dublin

A collection of articles that may be helpful while accessing public services in Ireland.
Please remember to put the source information.<br>
Please Note:We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
IndianNewBee
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 0
Antispam: No

Living cost in Dublin

Post by IndianNewBee » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am

Hi,

My husband will be travelling to Dublin in April and will get a pay of 3k.
Wanted to understand will this salary b sufficient for a family of 4 ,2 adults and 2 kids (both -less than 4 yrs)

Also, is it possible to be working on dependent visa? If not, any other way out so that I can work there. I am in IT having 9 years of exp in s/w development.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mehtasab
Seasoned Member
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 0
Antispam: No

Re: Living cost in Dublin

Post by Mehtasab » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:51 am

IndianNewBee wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am
Hi,

Wanted to understand will this salary b sufficient for a family of 4 ,2 adults and 2 kids (both -less than 4 yrs)

Ans: The typical rents for 2bhk apartment ranges in between 1500 to 2000 Euros for family of 4 and then month expenditure ranges minimum 600 to 800 Euros, Thats means with salary of 3000 Euros, a family man can't save much but can lead a decent life in Dublin. You both need to work in order to do savings & to spend extra amount in leisure activities etc.

Also, you will get 135 Euros each for your kids , so total 270 Euros as child benefit amount from irish Government over here.

Also, is it possible to be working on dependent visa? If not, any other way out so that I can work there. I am in IT having 9 years of exp in s/w development.
Ans: Yes, it is definitely possible to work on dependent visa (if your spouse has Critical Skills Permit), but first you need to get a job offer and then apply for Dependent Work permit, which takes minimum 6 weeks to get processed. But it all depends upon your skill set, as many recruiters/companies are not willing to wait for that work permit processing time.

Thanks.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Re: Living cost in Dublin

Post by zeno » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 pm

IndianNewBee wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am
Hi,

Thanks.
All the questions have already been discussed multiple times on this forum. Please use the top right "Search" text box, you will find a lot of useful information.