Working Visa Renewal

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Post Reply

Working Visa Renewal

Post by User » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:27 pm

I want to renew my working visa. Is this possible from Dublin?

Help Central
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:05 am

Re: Working Visa Renewal

Post by Help Central » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:33 pm

User wrote:I want to renew my working visa. Is this possible from Dublin?
Yes! You can renew your working visa in Ireland.

As per the information from Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment

Participants in the Working Visa/Work Authorisation scheme may renew their permission to remain beyond the initial two year period subject to their satisfying certain criteria - the most important being that they continue to come within the terms of the scheme and that there are no public policy objections to their remaining in the State.

Persons should attend their local Garda Registration Office (Immigration
Registration Office, Garda National Immigration Bureau, Harcourt St. for persons residing in the Dublin area or the Garda Superintendent's office in the relevant Garda District for persons residing elsewhere in the State) in order to apply for an extension of permission to remain.

When seeking to have permission extended the persons should present (all documents should be originals):

1. A valid passport
2. A valid Garda certificate of registration (In either the 'Green Book' or card format, as appropriate).
3. The person's current P60.
4. A letter from the person's employer certifying the person's employment in the skills category under which they received their original permission to work. The skills category should be specified, and must be one for those covered by the scheme.

Extension of permission to remain, if granted, will be for a further two year period (or the date of expiry of the person's passport if it is due to expire in less than two years) and will be subject to the same conditions as the original
authorisation (i.e. employment is authorised in the skill category in question and the employee may change employer without further authorisation provided that the employment remains in the same skill category)
In the case that, after having renewed their right to remain as laid out above, an applicant who is Visa-required wishes to depart from and return to the State, they should make application to the Visa Office of the
Department of Foreign Affairs for a re-entry visa to allow them to re-enter the State:
The Visa Office,
Department of Foreign Affairs,
Hainault House,
69-71 St. Stephen's Green,
Dublin 2 (telephone 01 4082764 or 4082765; e-mail:
For Indians, By Indians, To Indians

Post Reply