Applying UK visa for Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Varatha
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Applying UK visa for Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen

Post by Varatha » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am Naturalised Irish Citizen and my wife is holding Indian passport and a STAMP 4 visa holder. I am applying for her UK visa and we are travelling together. I am looking for help in filling up the online application form. Appreciate your help!

I am using https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit link to apply for her visa - Anyone know if this is the right visa type to apply for?

After completing the application form, on the document section there is a mandatory document listed
The passport or travel document for <My name> from British Citizen - I am not sure what does this question mean?

Does anyone applied recently have an idea about this?

Many Thanks

bmw
Seasoned Member

Re: Applying UK visa for Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 am

family permit is applicable only when you are living in UK. go for visit visa here.

stealthIndian
Seasoned Member

Post by stealthIndian » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 am

Hello Varatha,

The visa type you have chosen is correct (i.e. Family Permit). Regarding "The passport or travel document for <My name> from British Citizen " on the application checklist, kindly ignore it. This seems to be typo. All you have to provide is a copy of your Irish passport.

Thanks.

Varatha
Seasoned Member

Post by Varatha » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:04 am

Hi stealthIndian, Great, Thanks for clarifying