Stamp4 - Query

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Ammu1113
Antispam: No

Stamp4 - Query

Post by Ammu1113 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Dear All,

My visa is approved today under Critical Skills work category.

My Employment Dates are as below:
Start date: 10/07/2019
End Date: 09/07/2021

I am planning to travel after 1 month of my employment start date. So, i would start my employment on 12/08/2019.

Will this have any impact for Stamp 4 after 2 years. According to your advise, I am planning to change my travel date so that I will try to travel exactly on employment start date i.e. 10/07/2019. Please advise.

Thanks and regards

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Stamp4 - Query

Post by balac_m » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:05 am

If your employer is fine with that, there is no problem. It won't affect the stamp4 dates as it is just one month.

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:16 pm

As long as when you apply for Stamp 4 the company states that you have been working from 10/07/2019 on the letter

Ricky_S

Post by Ricky_S » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:02 pm

HI Guys,

Can you please suggest.

My Critical Skills Employment permit valid from 12-September-2017 to 11-September-2019, as per this I completed my 21 months period on 11-June 2019.
But I started my employment on 20-November-2017 as per this I will complete my 21 months on 21-August-2019.

Can you please suggest what should I do, apply for Stamp -4 now or should I wait and apply after 21-August-2019?

If I apply after 21-August-2019 and I don’t get my Stamp -4 before my critical permit/visa expires then?

Can you please suggest what I should do?

Thank you

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm

apply by 21 Aug ,if you apply earlier your application will be rejected stating that you haven't completed 21 months with the employeer

if you apply in Aug and you will get email from Dejib that your application has been accepted ,you can show the same at the GNIB and they will give you extension ranging from 2-4 months but will not renew you IRP ,unless you are ready to pay 300. Euros

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:33 am

Hi Friends,
I am planning to travel to dubin within a month using CSEP I have couple of questions. Kindly help me out

1) My work permit start date is September 29th, I am trying to travel on this date as much as possible but it might happen on say October 5th. Also I will be able to get the IRP on say October 20th. So when does the 21 month period for getting stamp 4 start, I am sure it is not September 29th untill and unless I reach Dublin on that date. But I am confused between work start date and the IRP received date which will be considered as start date among these two?

2) Also I read in the forum somewhere that your employer will be giving some documents stating I am working with them for past 21 months which will form the basis for stamp 4. what will happen if i switch employers in 12 months do i have to get a letter from first employer for 12 months and second employer for 9 months to show 21 months total employment? I know we'll get a new WP while going for new employer and everything will be with Immigration team. Just wanted to know the process.

3) I believe it doesn't matter if I have got new CSEP and started working for new employer after 12 months. The 21 months is calculated from the day I started working in Ireland i.e Including the first CSEP and including experience with first employer.

Thanks in advance. If this is answered somewhere please forgive and refer me to those threads. I couldn't find any hence asked.

sbose
Seasoned Member

Post by sbose » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 am

Ramjilb wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:33 am
Hi Friends,
I am planning to travel to dubin within a month using CSEP I have couple of questions. Kindly help me out

1) My work permit start date is September 29th, I am trying to travel on this date as much as possible but it might happen on say October 5th. Also I will be able to get the IRP on say October 20th. So when does the 21 month period for getting stamp 4 start, I am sure it is not September 29th untill and unless I reach Dublin on that date. But I am confused between work start date and the IRP received date which will be considered as start date among these two?

2) Also I read in the forum somewhere that your employer will be giving some documents stating I am working with them for past 21 months which will form the basis for stamp 4. what will happen if i switch employers in 12 months do i have to get a letter from first employer for 12 months and second employer for 9 months to show 21 months total employment? I know we'll get a new WP while going for new employer and everything will be with Immigration team. Just wanted to know the process.

3) I believe it doesn't matter if I have got new CSEP and started working for new employer after 12 months. The 21 months is calculated from the day I started working in Ireland i.e Including the first CSEP and including experience with first employer.

Thanks in advance. If this is answered somewhere please forgive and refer me to those threads. I couldn't find any hence asked.
Your start date will be determined by the revenue departments record for the consideration of stamp4 support letter by DBEI.
As soon as your employer starts paying you salary they will be paying taxes on your behalf to revenue. So revenue will have the date when you start your job.

Additionally when applying for support letter your employer should provide you employment confirmation letter stating that your start date on the letter. you can change job also but before leaving please get the employment confirmation letter as well.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 am

Thanks sbose for the answers. SO i believe if my company updates the revenue department on time my work start date would be the date from which 21 months would be calculated, anyway to find this out with revenue department like say after i get my first month salary or will it be available in any of their documents or my account if i register online with revenue. Just wanted to make sure the details my company updated for me are correct.
I will keep in mind about the employer confirmation letter while switching jobs, Thanks for that. Also i believe it is not necessary to spend 21 months on a single CSEP to get stamp 4, you can even spend 21 months on 2 CSEP's to eligible for stamp4 is this statement correct.

Appreciate the help and info.

sbose
Seasoned Member

Post by sbose » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:01 am

Ramjilb wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 am
Thanks sbose for the answers. SO i believe if my company updates the revenue department on time my work start date would be the date from which 21 months would be calculated, anyway to find this out with revenue department like say after i get my first month salary or will it be available in any of their documents or my account if i register online with revenue. Just wanted to make sure the details my company updated for me are correct.
I will keep in mind about the employer confirmation letter while switching jobs, Thanks for that. Also i believe it is not necessary to spend 21 months on a single CSEP to get stamp 4, you can even spend 21 months on 2 CSEP's to eligible for stamp4 is this statement correct.

Appreciate the help and info.
Yes, you can have n number of CSEPs (if you can get as per the rules) but must complete 21 months and also there should not be significant gap between 2 CSEPs.

When you register with revenue you will have to provide start date. Please check with your employer what start date they are considering, you will have to provide the same. By the end of first month as soon as salary is calculated, your employer should have registered with revenue by that time.
You can check with your employer's payroll or HR department.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks sbose for the detailed explanation I'll follow it and make sure the dates are correct. Really appreciate the points given.