Student seeks critical skills permit holder for short interview

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
erichsteyaert
Antispam: No

Student seeks critical skills permit holder for short interview

Post by erichsteyaert » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Dear all,

I am a Master of Public Policy student at UCD and am currently working on my thesis which compares Ireland’s critical skills employment permit to New Zealand’s skilled migrant visa category.

My research seeks to understand whether Ireland would be more effective in attracting skilled migrants if it were to adapt a points-based system for granting work permits to non-EEA citizens, similar to the model used in New Zealand.

As part of my research, it would be very helpful for me to gain insight into the experience of those who have gone through the visa process in Ireland to understand the experience of visa holders and whether recipients think there are aspects of the current process which could be improved to make Ireland a more attractive destination for skilled workers.

I would be so grateful to anyone willing to share their experience with me over a short 15 minute Skype/ telephone interview. I can be flexible to your schedule. Please do get in touch via DM if you’re happy to have a chat.

Many thanks

Erich Steyaert