Unable to contact Citizenship by naturalisation Department

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
ranjan0705
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Unable to contact Citizenship by naturalisation Department

Post by ranjan0705 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 am

Hi Guys,

I applied Citizenship application on 1st April 2019. Its been more than 6 weeks and I haven't got my passport back.

I have a very urgent travel planned on 8th June 2019. I am quite worried. I have already sent many emails and tried to ring them several times but unable to reach them out. I have even sent them letter via post on sat. 25th May 2019.

I have no clue what to do next :( Please help me out.

ssireland

Re: Unable to contact Citizenship by naturalisation Department

Post by ssireland » Tue May 28, 2019 10:27 am

Hi,
I was on same boat i applied on 12th April. However i received my current passport today after I sent out an email last week.

Based on some suggestion from some forum, I wrote email with a block letters in Subject as "URGENT PLEASE RESPOND - NEED PASSPORT" along with the Anpost tracking number( This is important). They responded immediately and they sent the current passport today. But however they mentioned in the letter, Application is still being processed and they will return my expired old passport in due course which is good.

ranjan0705
Seasoned Member

Re: Unable to contact Citizenship by naturalisation Department

Post by ranjan0705 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:31 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I got a reply from citizenship helpdesk today saying that they are sending back my passport.

In mail they said, I have to sign to receive my passport. There will no one at my home as I am working. I hope postman will call me or put a note for me to collect from nearby anpost office.