Irish Tourist visa for parents

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
indian1984
Antispam: No

Irish Tourist visa for parents

Post by indian1984 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:19 am

Hi Folks,

I have few queries regarding family parents tourist visa that hoping to get answers here.

- Is it must to show travel itinerary? if yes could you please share how can I get it from India.
- My bank statements doesn't have stamp on it. Does it need to have bank stamp on it or statement from bank will be suffice?
- In my bank statement i have money transaction of around 16 - 20k euros. As I heard in past people had issue with money transaction amount in their statements and embassy had queried to them. Do you think this can be questioned by embassy? Is yes, what's the workaround ?

please share if there is any tips for parents tourist visa. Also is it ok to book flight via london/UK or not?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Irish Tourist visa for parents

Post by balac_m » Sat May 18, 2019 4:04 am

Is it just the tourist visa that you are applying for or they are going to visit you? those are different kinds of visas.

1. You need an Itinerary if they are visiting Ireland just as tourists. If they want to apply for visiting you, you have to give the invitation letter and dates, then the itinerary is not needed. It is just a travel plan with locations/dates/flight bookings. You can form it yourself.

2. Irish bank statements need no stamps. But if it is Indian banks, you need to get it on the headed paper and signature/stamp on it.

3. If the transactions are for some reasons, you can explain it! won't you? don't worry about it as you are already taxed.

Ruchi
Seasoned Member

Post by Ruchi » Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 am

Hi!
While applying for online visa of our parents to Ireland, under category of visit family it requires to specify
Whether u will be traveling with other family member ?
So its mandatory while filling one parent form to mention of other and vice versa...if both are traveling together.

indian1984

Post by indian1984 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm

balac_m wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:04 am
Is it just the tourist visa that you are applying for or they are going to visit you? those are different kinds of visas.

1. You need an Itinerary if they are visiting Ireland just as tourists. If they want to apply for visiting you, you have to give the invitation letter and dates, then the itinerary is not needed. It is just a travel plan with locations/dates/flight bookings. You can form it yourself.

2. Irish bank statements need no stamps. But if it is Indian banks, you need to get it on the headed paper and signature/stamp on it.

3. If the transactions are for some reasons, you can explain it! won't you? don't worry about it as you are already taxed.
Thanks for the valuable info. Yep its for visiting me + sightseeing in ireland will submit invitation letter :)

Cheers

SPKBhamidipati
Seasoned Member

Post by SPKBhamidipati » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Just an extension to the thread. Do we need to have certain amount of balance , be it in my Irish account or in my parents indian account?

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:25 pm

It’s depends. If you mention that you will take care of their expenses in the invitation letter , then you have to have sufficient balance in your account.