Changing Employer before 12 months

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
guruprasaddb
Antispam: No

Changing Employer before 12 months

Post by guruprasaddb » Wed May 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi guys,

I'll put this straight forward, I am working on CSEP since last 2 months and I am not happy with my current employer, no work, on the bench since I joined, no proper answers when I ask about the project. Due to this frustration, I went into the market and got an opportunity with another employer who is a trusted partner and ready to sponsor my permit, moreover, a profile that matches my experience.

However, I wanted to know,
The possibility that I will get a new work permit when a new employer is applying it for me?
What should be proper steps to execute this?
Does anyone of you already gone through the same situation?

I am really confused about it. At this point, I am not thinking about stamp 4, as I know there is some 12 months rule. And if I get new work permit my months counting for stamp 4 will start from zero.

Looking forward to some helpful comments.

Best,
Guruprasad

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Re: Changing Employer before 12 months

Post by KGOEL » Wed May 08, 2019 3:53 pm

nope you cannot change the Job unless you have completed 12 months with the current employer ,if you do that and the other company apply for CSWP it will be rejected
the below is stated n the website

While the job offer must be of 2 years’ duration, the foreign national is expected to stay with the initial employer for a minimum period of 12 months. In accordance with s12(1)(e) of the Employment Permits Act 2006 as amended, a new employment permit (for a different employer) cannot be considered if less than 12 months has elapsed since the permit holder first commenced employment in the State pursuant to an employment permit. This refusal reason attempts to strike a reasonable balance between, on the one hand, the employer’s expectations that the foreign national remain in his or her employment for a reasonable period of time given the costs involved in recruiting that foreign national and, on the other hand, not unduly binding the foreign national to the employer

SPKBhamidipati
Seasoned Member

Re: Changing Employer before 12 months

Post by SPKBhamidipati » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Can we move out of the country, before 12 months on CSEP? I understand we cant change employer within Ireland. But wanted to know if we can move out of the country within the same period.