PASSPORT RENEWAL- STAMP4

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
rohit1
Antispam: No

PASSPORT RENEWAL- STAMP4

Post by rohit1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Need your advise regarding the below scenario:
I have critical skill permit and i am going to complete 20months in september to apply for stamp 4 supporting letter.
However my passport is going to expire in October 2020.Can you please let me know after getting the supporting letter if gnib will consider it and provide the stamp 4 till passport expiry date and in the mean while i will start the renewal of passport process.Will they stamp it again for another 1 year once i get the new passport?

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: PASSPORT RENEWAL- STAMP4

Post by balac_m » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:22 am

Renew it before going for Stamp 4. If you are going to apply the stamp4 support letter in September, you will be getting it only around December and you will be going to GNIB during that time. Start the passport renewal process around October 2019.

rohit1

Post by rohit1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:04 pm

Thanks for the reply but if in case i will not able to renew it will they provide stamp 4 till expiry date of passport?
Can you also please let me know if there is any criteria/condition that passport should be valid for 1 year for stamp 4?

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:06 am

The GNIB will provide the stamp 4 until the passport validity. There is no official condition for the passport expiry I think. Consider if you cannot renew it before the GNIB appointment, they will issue the stamp 4 until the passport expiry. Once you renew the passport, if you go to GNIB, they will extend the validity for total of two years and charge you 300 Euros for the new GNIB card.

To renew the passport, fix an appointment with the Indian embassy in Dublin. They will renew and issue the new passport in 15 days.