Query On Visit Visa

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
apurvadutta
Antispam: No

Query On Visit Visa

Post by apurvadutta » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 am

Hi Guys,

I have applied short stay tourist visa for my brother. He got his passport and visa yesterday. I had few queries related to it.

1. From and To date mentioned on his visa is 17th April to 12th July. Does this mean he can enter and clear immigration on 12th July? Will there be any issue?
2. Duration of stay is 21 days as mentioned in Visa. Which means if he comes on 12th July he can leave on 1st August?

Any pointers and reply would be really helpful.

Thanks
Apurva

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Re: Query On Visit Visa

Post by KGOEL » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 pm

apurvadutta wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 am
Hi Guys,

I have applied short stay tourist visa for my brother. He got his passport and visa yesterday. I had few queries related to it.

1. From and To date mentioned on his visa is 17th April to 12th July. Does this mean he can enter and clear immigration on 12th July? Will there be any issue? his visa will expire on 12 July ,means he has to leave Ireland by23:59 on 12 July
2. Duration of stay is 21 days as mentioned in Visa. Which means if he comes on 12th July he can leave on 1st August?
it means that he can stay ONLY for 21 DAYS from the day he entered IRELAND between 17 th April - 12 July.

Any pointers and reply would be really helpful. - he cannot stay beyond 12 July

Thanks
Apurva

nijith05
Seasoned Member

Post by nijith05 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:59 am

Hi Apurva,

You brother has to enter Ireland before 12 July, the date mentioned on visa is the date to enter Ireland within that period.

At immigration in Dublin, he will be stamped for 3 months from the date of entering or maybe less depends on his return tickets going out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nijith

vijaybala85

Post by vijaybala85 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:00 am

He has to leave on July 12th. If he stays past July 12th, he will be subject to deportation and a ban from entering Ireland. If you need more time, re-apply explaining your situation and ask them to reissue the visa for the ACTUAL dates of travel.