Appeal for Visit Visa

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
apurvadutta
Antispam: No

Appeal for Visit Visa

Post by apurvadutta » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:02 am

Hi,

I have applied for visit family/friend visa for my wife and kid but got refused on January 28th. I appealed for rejection providing proofs with respect to all points and submitted all documents by speed Post. The documents reached Ireland Delhi office on March 12th. As per timeline mentioned in DFA website 15 working days have been over. There is no update since. Also, dropped email to DFA on their contact us website but got a standard reply. Is the timelines changed? Does appeal take longer to process? I know a guy in my office, he got his appeal result in 4 days. Not sure how to track or do I drop mails to DFA on a regular basis??? Please suggest.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Appeal for Visit Visa

Post by balac_m » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:13 am

They usually refuse the visit visa for the immediate family unless you are explaining them your exact nature. You should use the join-family visa instead. Usually, the appeals will take the same time or less time as the application. You should have got a reply from them as the processing dates are passed. Keep checking with them and drop emails on a weekly basis.

apurvadutta

Re: Appeal for Visit Visa

Post by apurvadutta » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:37 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am on general permit and cannot call my family for 1 year. I dropped an email this Monday and they replied on Tuesday that they are working on it. Basic standard reply. But does appeals take more time? Timelines are passed. No information till yet. Don't know what I am going to do... :( :cry: