foreign birth registration - processing time

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
cmos_ajay
Seasoned Member

foreign birth registration - processing time

Post by cmos_ajay » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:39 am

Dear all, I had applied for the foreign birth registration of my baby girl last year at the Irish embassy in another EU country. They told me 6 months processing time. I requested them to expedite the application since my baby girl does not have any other citizenship. However these pathetic people at the embassy just keep telling that due to BREXIT there is delay. I had been to the embassy at least 3 times and informed them politely to expedite the application. But they keep telling to be patient. Last week they told me to contact the main office in Dublin for information regarding the status of the application since those applications are no longer being processed at the Irish embassy. This week the people in Dublin told that they have not received any documents regarding my baby's foreign birth registration from the Irish embassy in the EU country where I applied. They told me to contact the Irish embassy again. So I called up the Irish embassy to get more information as to what exactly is happening. I was told that the documents are sent to Dublin office in batches when a request is received from Dublin. So the conclusion is that my baby's foreign birth registration documents are still sitting in the Irish embassy and no processing has been done. As of now more than 7 months have passed since the date of application. I am utterly disappointed with the approach of the Irish authorities.
They do not have any mercy on small children it seems.
Is this what you can expect from a western European country ?
Pathetic Pathetic Pathetic Pathetic
SHAME ON IRELAND