Tourist Visa information help need

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Ajitpals
Antispam: No

Tourist Visa information help need

Post by Ajitpals » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:33 am

Hi Guys,

I'm applying for the tourist visa for my parents. In the application form, they ask, if there is any family member in Ireland, then enter the information. Its ask for GNIB reference number, that starts from the 69/xxxxxxx/xx something. Last year, I have received new Residence permit card. There is no number starts that from 69/xxxxxx/xx. I'm entering the Residence permit card number (RXXXXXX) and it's not accepting it and showing following error The DJELR reference number is not correct. Did anyone face a similar issue, while applying?

Any information will be helpful? cheers.

Regards,
Ajit

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Tourist Visa information help need

Post by balac_m » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 am

Ignore that field. That is the old format number which is no longer in use. Also, the card number starts with R is not useful and not needed. If they ask for the GNIB number, use the number on the backside of the card "Registration number". Garda will identify you using only that number.

Ajitpals

Post by Ajitpals » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks for the reply.
But if that field is left empty or even entering the registration number, It will throw the formatting/validation error. and form is not proceeding

Anyways, I might give the try again or disable the JS on that page, for the textbox.

https://pasteboard.co/I732fxA.png

Regards,
Ajit

Nishashekaran
Seasoned Member

Post by Nishashekaran » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am

That is not mandatory. No red star. So you can ignore that. I did the same