Reg: Job change post 1 year issues

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
lasit1908
Antispam: No

Reg: Job change post 1 year issues

Post by lasit1908 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi,

I will be completing an year in feb and i have already been talking to an employer over possibility to switch after an year.
i plan to make the move in march but there are few ifs and buts. Currently the waiting time on standard application is almost 3 months.
My employer is fine waiting for 3 months. I have few points -

1. once i submit my CSEP work permit back in march with a letter and new offer letter and new visa application number. would that suffice ?
2. Do i need to inform garda about the change in job.
3. since the waiting period is 3 months and maybe take a few more weeks, is there any probation as per stamp 1 law that you cannot be without a job for a certain period of time. (though i would have valid documentation).

Any inputs would be really appreciated.

Kind Regards

mitera9

Re: Reg: Job change post 1 year issues

Post by mitera9 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Hey,

I did something similar before....this is what I was advised to do:

You have to have the new CSEP in your hand before you start your new job...

Yes you have to inform the garda that you left you job. They will want to see the P45 from your old job to verify that you left. (The sooner the better)

When you return the old CSEP to the ministry of finance, you have to also send a copy of your P45.

Currently, the wait time for a new permit is ctually 4 months...you can check the current processing times online.

Lucky you getting an employer who is willing to wait that long for you! you'll never find that in Cork lol

Jayaraj1133

Re: Reg: Job change post 1 year issues

Post by Jayaraj1133 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 am

Hi @mitera9 @lasit1908,

After changing employer with a new CSEP in hand, do we need to change our existing IRP card ASAP since the CSEP is changed (or) we can wait until we are near the end of the current IRP card and then go for a renewal with new CSEP?

My problem is that, i finished 1 year with my first employer and as well renewed my IRP card yesterday with CSEP from my first employer. My new employer is ready to process the CSEP next month. I will get this CSEP in hand in 3 weeks (as my new employer is a trusted partner).
Now i need to know if i can wait until i am near the end of my Renewed IRP card ? (or) i need to apply for a new IRP card with CSEP from new employer.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Jay