Medical Insurance for Long Stay Visa

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
RYB
Antispam: No

Re: Medical Insurance for Long Stay Visa

Post by RYB » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm

balac_m wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 am
dineshbala wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:17 pm
@RYB, it would be great if you can provide me the details of the list of required document for GARDA border control.
You need your passport, work permit and the offer letter/contract. Once they verified, they will capture you and assign you with the GNIB number and ask you to visit the Garda within three months. They will ask you regarding your stay as well.
Hi Bala,

Do they ask for the original work permit? And regarding stay, will they ask for the proof?

TIA

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Yes! They will check the original work permit. Regarding the stay, just the address is enough. Especially they are interested in the area you are staying, so they can instruct you to go to the respective police station.

RYB

Post by RYB » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:22 pm

I've never got the policy for myself. Our fellow members can share their experiences. There are only three companies. VHI, Laya and Irish life. My friend told me to go with Laya. All the companies provide with the family plan, which you can get.

RYB

Post by RYB » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi Bala,

Thank you.

pradeepjha

Post by pradeepjha » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:01 am

Hi,

This may be irrelevant to this discussion, but I don't know where else to ask.

I work in Ireland with a CSWP and my wife got a join spouse visa. My company's health insurance doesn't cover my wife.

What kind of insurance does she need? The visa requirements document says "evidence of medical/travel insurance".

Does she need to have the insurance for the whole year? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

RYB

Post by RYB » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi Pradeep,

I took insurance for 90 days from Bajaj travel insurance. My luck is that the immigration officer dint ask for it during my entry.

There is another instance that my friend brought his family without taking insurance and the officer dint ask for one for them as well.

I would say on a safer side take Travel insurance for 30-90 days from reputed ones in India. We never know how luck works.

Cheers

Boopathy

abhi6512

Post by abhi6512 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:08 pm

balac_m wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 am
dineshbala wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:17 pm
@RYB, it would be great if you can provide me the details of the list of required document for GARDA border control.
You need your passport, work permit and the offer letter/contract. Once they verified, they will capture you and assign you with the GNIB number and ask you to visit the Garda within three months. They will ask you regarding your stay as well.
Hi Bala,
What do you mean when you say that Immigration officials will ask you regarding your stay as well - Is it the planned duration of stay in Ireland or the address of stay in Ireland?

Appreciate your time on my query. thanks a ton for all your responses across the group, I have been reading them and they were all so helpful !!

-Abhi

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:32 pm

If you are coming on the long stay, they won't ask for the duration. Just your address of the stay, so they can guide you to the local Garda(they gave me maps :))and inform the procedures.

abhi6512

Post by abhi6512 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks for your quick response Bala. Big kudos to your interest in supporting members in this group.
I'm a newbie so pardon my non-rationale queries, at times .. :)

-Abhi