Time to Receive Employment Permit

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
ankitagarwal
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Time to Receive Employment Permit

Post by ankitagarwal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:50 am

Hi,

My employer has dispatched the CSEWP along with the original cover letter from the DBEI on 30th of October via recorded post, however, I have not received the same yet. Had been following up with the employer to provide with the tracking details but as per them tracking is not possible once the package leaves Ireland.

Any idea how much time it takes to receive the physical copy of documents.

devguy
Seasoned Member

Re: Time to Receive Employment Permit

Post by devguy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 am

Have they sent via FedEx or Ireland’s An Post? Did they provide you with tracking number?

ankitagarwal
Seasoned Member

Post by ankitagarwal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:47 am

devguy wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 am
Have they sent via FedEx or Ireland’s An Post? Did they provide you with tracking number?
They didn’t provided me with any tracking details and I am pretty sure that this was dispatched via Ireland’s An Post.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 am

They might have sent it to the registered post as the AnPost still dominating here. Ask them for the tracking number. You can track them via India post tracking site from the point it leaves Ireland. The people here don't know that. It might take longer if they sent it on the registered post. Normally it should take 7 days but some occasion, it may take a month.

ankitagarwal
Seasoned Member

Post by ankitagarwal » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:09 pm

balac_m wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 am
They might have sent it to the registered post as the AnPost still dominating here. Ask them for the tracking number. You can track them via India post tracking site from the point it leaves Ireland. The people here don't know that. It might take longer if they sent it on the registered post. Normally it should take 7 days but some occasion, it may take a month.
I have the tracking no for AnPost, however, I am unable to track on Indian Post website. Can you provide me with the link?

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Is your tracking number ends with IE? if so, use this site

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/_layouts/1 ... nment.aspx

This is the page I've tracked my registered post with the tracking number RL629837785IE .. Even I noticed the full tracking is there in the AnPost itself. Try this tracking number on the AnPost site below aswell

https://track.anpost.ie/

ankitagarwal
Seasoned Member

Post by ankitagarwal » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:04 am

balac_m wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:25 pm
Is your tracking number ends with IE? if so, use this site

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/_layouts/1 ... nment.aspx

This is the page I've tracked my registered post with the tracking number RL629837785IE .. Even I noticed the full tracking is there in the AnPost itself. Try this tracking number on the AnPost site below aswell

https://track.anpost.ie/
I tried with my tracking no : LL509711995IE however not getting any useful information. :cry:

maybe I need to wait a little more.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am

It is even not sent out from Ireland. Ask your employer to contact Anpost immediately. Might be stuck on understanding handwritten address. They cannot send it to the sender as in Ireland the sender's address is not mandatory and no one bothers mentioning the sender's address in the letter. As per the tracking, it is not even sent from the received post office to Dublin main office where the international journey begins. Another chance is, it might not be the registered post where the tracking info not available. Either way, please check.

ankitagarwal
Seasoned Member

Post by ankitagarwal » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am

balac_m wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am
It is even not sent out from Ireland. Ask your employer to contact Anpost immediately. Might be stuck on understanding handwritten address. They cannot send it to the sender as in Ireland the sender's address is not mandatory and no one bothers mentioning the sender's address in the letter. As per the tracking, it is not even sent from the received post office to Dublin main office where the international journey begins. Another chance is, it might not be the registered post where the tracking info not available. Either way, please check.
Got my permit today. The sad part was that this was not a registered mail and so the delay was long. :D

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Glad to hear that! That explains why the tracking is not there

devguy
Seasoned Member

Post by devguy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 am

ankitagarwal wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am
balac_m wrote:
Got my permit today. The sad part was that this was not a registered mail and so the delay was long. :D
Congratulations dude... Even I received it last week and submitted document to vfs on Thursday... when are you planning to apply.

ankitagarwal
Seasoned Member

Post by ankitagarwal » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 am

devguy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 am
ankitagarwal wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am
balac_m wrote:
Congratulations dude... Even I received it last week and submitted document to vfs on Thursday... when are you planning to apply.
Going this friday with family to submit the documents, there were no open slots before that....