Withdrawing Critical Skills Employment Permit

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
BNN
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Withdrawing Critical Skills Employment Permit

Post by BNN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently on a Stamp 1G and my company has applied for Critical Skills permit for me (application hasn't been processed yet by the DJEI).

I'm thinking of changing jobs, but I know that once I have the permit, I'm obliged to stay with the company for atleast 12 months I think?

So my question is, if I withdraw my employment permit application now and get a job somewhere else and re-apply for a permit, would that be ok? Or is it still the fact that the application was made, I have to stay with the employer for atleast 12 months?

Please respond quick!!

Many thanks.

BNN
Seasoned Member

Re: Withdrawing Critical Skills Employment Permit

Post by BNN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Can anyone please please please respond if they know anything about it?

I'm expecting to hear back about the permit next week and I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck with my current employer for 12 months!

My worry is, if I withdraw my work permit application, can I look for another job and apply for a work permit from the new place?

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:36 am

If your current employer made the application, they have to withdraw it. If it is withdrawn successfully, you can apply for another permit considering you got an offer from some other company. It is better to contact the DBEI sooner before processing. Also consider that, as per the current timing, getting the new permit takes another 4 months.

BNN
Seasoned Member

Post by BNN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks! Yeah I actually checked with djei and they said if it's withdrawn, it's fine to make a new application if I have a new job offer.

Can I ask, how do we withdraw an application? What's the process? I can't find any info online

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Did you not contact DBEI asking for withdrawing your application? If you don't find information on their website, you must contact them. They will surely help you.

BNN
Seasoned Member

Post by BNN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks Zeno, no I actually just contacted them to see if it's ok to withdraw an application to make a new one.

I didn't ask for the withdrawal process as I thought I'd find that information online. The only information I found was that 90% will be refunded of withdrawn, there's no actual explanation on how to withdraw.

Balac_m : Can I just ask you where did you find the information that it's the employer who has to withdraw? I can't see that anywhere, I thought I could withdraw the application too. I saw that the refund will be made to the one who applied but I didn't see anywhere where it says only the one who applied can withdraw

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 pm

The first point in the employment permit application(Introduction) is clearly asking who is the applicant, and moreover, you should have already declared and signed that you are willing to take the employment once it has been approved, agreeing all the terms of the employment permit and employment offer.

If you are the not the applicant, the DBEI will not even consider the request from you. If it is in this case, anyone can claim and cancel anyone's permit application. Thus, the withdrawal request should start from the applicant themselves, especially from the email they mentioned on the application.

BNN
Seasoned Member

Post by BNN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:27 pm

Okay thanks :) Do you know what my employer should do to withdraw the application? Is it a case of sending the dbei a written email to confirm we want to withdraw or is there any specific form to be filled?

Otherwise I'll try ring dbei again tomorrow to see what they say.

BNN
Seasoned Member

Post by BNN » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Hey so just to update in case that helps anyone else, I rang employment permit section and was told that it doesn't necessarily have to be the employer to withdraw the application (can be either the employee or employer writing to withdraw).

However for refund purposes, only the applicant can get the refund back.

To withdraw, just send an email to say you want to withdraw along with the "EP" reference number!

Thanks! :)

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Glad to hear that! Thanks for the update.

akverma

Post by akverma » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi,

How much time did it took for them to get back to you after your withdrawl request and for the entire process? Which email address did you sent the request to?

Thanks.