Can we apply employment visa from UK and Spouse join visa from India separately?

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Being_human
Antispam: No

Can we apply employment visa from UK and Spouse join visa from India separately?

Post by Being_human » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:09 am

Hi
I'm new here and need some suggestions on visa application. I am currently in UK in Tier2 ICT Long term visa. I have got a different job in Ireland and for which CSEP application is made by my employer. Once I get the hard copy of the work permit I will apply for the employment visa. Problem is my wife is in India and she can't come to UK now.

Q. Is it possible that my wife can apply for a spouse visa from India in parallel with my visa application? Will it be sufficient if she can attach a cover letter and explain the situation to the embassy?
Or is it like she has to wait until I get the visa and travel to Ireland ?

Kindly suggest.
Last edited by Being_human on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karthik_B

Re: Can we apply employment visa from London and Spouse join visa from India?

Post by Karthik_B » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 am

I don't know if it is possible to process the applications together in 2 different locations, but you can contact the irish embassy and I am sure they will help.

But please note, there have been huge delays for Join spouse applications right now. So I would recommend you to try to bring your wife with you.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Re: Can we apply employment visa from London and Spouse join visa from India?

Post by zeno » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Yes, your wife can apply from India. Ensure your wife mentions your visa application number.

Being_human

Re: Can we apply employment visa from UK and Spouse join visa from India separately?

Post by Being_human » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks guys for your responses. It would help.

krish123

Re: Can we apply employment visa from UK and Spouse join visa from India separately?

Post by krish123 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi, I am in a similar situation as you. Can you please let me know if you have got any idea on what can be provided for Employment reference while applying for the visa?

Thanks in advance.

krish123

Post by krish123 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Ddd

Being_human

Post by Being_human » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Employment reference letter is simply a letter to prove that you are employed with your current company. You can tell them that you need it to get tourist visa. Should not be a big deal. best of luck

yellareddyyalluru
Seasoned Member

Post by yellareddyyalluru » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am

Are you sure if it works? did you try? I may get my employment permit in December but I have already started working on my grad visa. Can I apply for spouse visa in India along with my employment visa application in Ireland?

krish123

Post by krish123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Thank you @being_human!