Working while in redundancy

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Pchoudhury
Antispam: No

Working while in redundancy

Post by Pchoudhury » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am

Hi guys,

I was made redundant from my workplace a few months back. I went on the 6 months extension permission when you are allowed to look for jobs. And also got on the dole.

however, I received a job offer at the beginning of this month, where they asked me to join immediately. Which I did. But I released soon after that if I am on the payroll of the new employers (they will check PPS payment,) that's grounds for refusal of work permit. Now, I am wondering if I could perhaps ask the employers to 1. with hold payment until i get the permit or 2. pay me as freelancer?

Am I allowed to freelance while I am on Stamp 1 permission after redundancy? Do you think Option 1 could work? Should I try getting back on the dole?

Look forward to your advice. Thanks in advance.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Re: Working while in redundancy

Post by zeno » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Neither option.

You have a valid stamp to work. So continue to work while your permit is being processed and take your salary. They cannot reject your permit application for this reason. PM me if you need help.

Pchoudhury

Post by Pchoudhury » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Zeno, I am sorry I never got updated on this reply. Not sure why. I will tell you what I am doing right now on PM. Thanks so much for replying. I really appreciate it.

Rahul2901

Post by Rahul2901 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi Pchoudhury
I am in the same situation right now can you please advise what you did at that time to sole it and what is your advise for me.
Thanks,
Rahul

liffey

Post by liffey » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi

Thanks a million for the posts.

Im in some strange situation.
Ive been locked horns with the employer.
I have officially not resigned but still my employer had taken WhatsApp conversation and telling me that I have resigned.
Even in WhatsApp I had informed that I will resign but not officially resigned.
My employer has deducted all my salary as relocation and hiring costs as per agreement.

Now that I have got job in UK and applying visa through bfs Dublin, I need to go to India and come back. My GNIB validity is till sep 2019.
Will I be allowed at the port of entry even if the employer submits CSWEP to DBEI with out my notice ?

Please help as my tickets are tomorrow

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm

The labour laws in Ireland more favourable for employees. As per the law, if your position terminated, you have to be paid with severance pay. You can sue them if not. It’s not easy to dismiss one person just like that and deduct the salary. If you complain to DBEI, they won’t issue further work permits to them. Refer here

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/co ... complaint/

nreddy
Seasoned Member

Post by nreddy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm

balac_m wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm
The labour laws in Ireland more favourable for employees. As per the law, if your position terminated, you have to be paid with severance pay. You can sue them if not. It’s not easy to dismiss one person just like that and deduct the salary. If you complain to DBEI, they won’t issue further work permits to them. Refer here

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/co ... complaint/
Hi Bala,

I am on critical skills work permit and completed 14 months. do we get severance pay in case of company redundancy? Are there any rules here?Also do we get any job allowance under stamp 1 (Unemployment) during this time.

Thanks
Nreddy

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm

1. Not in the case of redundancy. But if they terminated the contract, they have to.
2. You will be allowed 6 months to get a new job. But not the allowances.

nreddy
Seasoned Member

Post by nreddy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:10 am

balac_m wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm
1. Not in the case of redundancy. But if they terminated the contract, they have to.
2. You will be allowed 6 months to get a new job. But not the allowances.
Thanks Bala for the information.