Join spouse Visa - Delay during Christmas time and average processing times

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
balac_m
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Re: Join spouse Visa - Delay during Christmas time and average processing times

Post by balac_m » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:45 am

I heard someone got their join spouse application who is on Stamp 4 processed in just 15 days. Don't know what is going on. :shock:

neeraj_jain

Post by neeraj_jain » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:01 am

panchkapunch wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 pm
neeraj_jain wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm
murali.annamneni wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm
My spouse visa processed in Dublin ofc(n published in inis website list on 22nd Jan). Applied under Stamp4 category on 28th May'18.

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the info.

I had sent an email to INIS Dublin asking if my application is being processed in Dublin or New Delhi and they replied below:

"My understanding is, your application remains in our Office in New Delhi."

I want to ask if you got an email from Dublin embassy stating that your application was processed there or is it because your application number was listing on INIS Dublin website that you came to a conclusion that the application was processed in Dublin?

Also, did you try to reach out to them for fast processing or just waited all along?

Regards,
Neeraj
Hey Neeraj

Any luck on your application or still waiting? Trying to figure out current timelines of Join Spouse for Stamp 4.

Many Thanks,
Gaurav
Hi Gaurav,

I am yet waiting for the visa for get processed.

I tried to reach out to embassy many time to explain them that I had held CSEP prior to Stamp 4, so I should be considered in Category A for family reunification where the Join Visa processing time frame is within 6 months.

But they did not accept that and said that all Stamp 4 comes under Category B irrespective of whether one had held CSEP or not. So the time frame for Processing Join Spouse visa in this case will be 6 - 12 months.

When did you apply for the join spouse visa?

Thanks,
Neeraj
But they don't

neeraj_jain

Post by neeraj_jain » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 am

balac_m wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:45 am
I heard someone got their join spouse application who is on Stamp 4 processed in just 15 days. Don't know what is going on. :shock:
Wow!! How is that possible?
Do you know that "someone" or if you can find out how can we get this visa processed sooner? It would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Neeraj

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:13 am

neeraj_jain wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 am
balac_m wrote:
Wow!! How is that possible?
Do you know that "someone" or if you can find out how can we get this visa processed sooner? It would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Neeraj
DM sent to you

panchkapunch

Post by panchkapunch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:32 am

neeraj_jain wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:01 am
panchkapunch wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 pm
neeraj_jain wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the info.

I had sent an email to INIS Dublin asking if my application is being processed in Dublin or New Delhi and they replied below:

"My understanding is, your application remains in our Office in New Delhi."

I want to ask if you got an email from Dublin embassy stating that your application was processed there or is it because your application number was listing on INIS Dublin website that you came to a conclusion that the application was processed in Dublin?

Also, did you try to reach out to them for fast processing or just waited all along?

Regards,
Neeraj
Hey Neeraj

Any luck on your application or still waiting? Trying to figure out current timelines of Join Spouse for Stamp 4.

Many Thanks,
Gaurav
Hi Gaurav,

I am yet waiting for the visa for get processed.

I tried to reach out to embassy many time to explain them that I had held CSEP prior to Stamp 4, so I should be considered in Category A for family reunification where the Join Visa processing time frame is within 6 months.

But they did not accept that and said that all Stamp 4 comes under Category B irrespective of whether one had held CSEP or not. So the time frame for Processing Join Spouse visa in this case will be 6 - 12 months.

When did you apply for the join spouse visa?

Thanks,
Neeraj
But they don't
Neeraj,

I feel you man. I applied in Jan beginning, so prepared for a long haul :(

By the way, someone on FB just commented on one of my posts that they got a join spouse visa (for Stamp 4 ) in just 5 days... But there are others that are waiting since June

Strange, strange world!

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:37 am

Seems they appointed some employees finally. But there are few errors on visa types already(i.e D visa instead of C, spelling mistakes). Just an advise! Please make sure to double check every information in the Visa is good.

Singh2018

Post by Singh2018 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:31 pm

There should be some sort of tracking system in place, can make a huge difference to be updated, looking at all the decisions lately seems they are speeding things up.. But would be a huge relief to know what stages they are on.

panchkapunch

Post by panchkapunch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:42 pm

Singh2018 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:31 pm
There should be some sort of tracking system in place, can make a huge difference to be updated, looking at all the decisions lately seems they are speeding things up.. But would be a huge relief to know what stages they are on.
I do not think any country in the world has a tracking system that has many steps for an individual visa application.
IMHO current status like accepted at VFS,sent to embassy, processed, sent to VFS, dispatched by courier is enough.
Frustration is due to the long wait times and unclear policies at the embassy in New Delhi.

What they could put on the website is what date application is processed in each category like the INIS Dublin website does. And definitely put honest dates unlike the current timelines on the website which are far from reality.

And if they want to treat different join spouse applications (CSEP, Stamp 4 , Irish Citizen etc..) differently provide process dates for each category separately.

But again all this is just intellectualizing -won't help us at the moment.
All the best to all of us waiting for the decision :)

Cheers,
Gaurav

Singh2018

Post by Singh2018 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 am

Looking back through everyone's comments, looks like people from October-starting of November are being looked at. Really hoping for a decision on my application soon, I put through my application fully on 15th November and emailed them beginning of January with there response being " it's under process".

Pra1991

Post by Pra1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 am

To keep the group updated,
I applied for join spouse and join parent visa for my son on September 18th from Bangalore VFS and the documents reached the Embassy on September 24th 2018. Our applications have been approved and documents have been couriered to my address today.

All the best to everyone who are waiting for visa.
Last edited by Pra1991 on Thu May 02, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panchkapunch

Post by panchkapunch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Pra1991 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 am
To keep the group updated,
I applied for join spouse and join parent visa for my son on September 18th from Bangalore VFS and the documents reached the Embassy on September 24th 2018. Our applications have been approved and documents have been couriered to my address today.

All the best to everyone who are waiting for visa.

Thanks,
Soujanya
Congrats Soujanya. You on Critical Skills?
Thanks,
Gaurav

rinujo123

Post by rinujo123 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:52 am

balac_m wrote:
Hi, that’s great, how is that possible to get it done so fast, can u plz send the details if possible, it will b great help, thanks in advance
Rinu

Singh2018

Post by Singh2018 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm

I doubt somebody got it in 15 days, must've of had some connections to get it done at that speed..

pradeepjha

Post by pradeepjha » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Health Insurance for spouse.

My wife got a join spouse visa. We would be travelling on the 9th of Feb. The health insurance provided to me by my employer does not cover my wife.

Should I get an insurance for her. If yes, which one. Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks.

Tamil111
Seasoned Member

Post by Tamil111 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:28 am

Tamil111 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:49 pm
I applied on 7th June'2018.
I got a information stating embassy in delhi will be sending my Family visa application to Dublin for further processing.
Not sure why they waited so long to send it to dublin for processing. And also not sure how long embassy in dublin takes to process.

7 months over still waiting...
Hi Guys..
My family got the visa on 31st Jan. Embassy in Delhi told that they would be sending the application to Dublin for processing in 2nd Jan but actually they sent it on 26th Jan to Dublin and I was asked to contact visamail@justice.ie. I mail them with my concerns on long delay, they responded quickly and granted the visa.

So in total it took 7 months 23 days to get visa for my family. I strongly believe it won't take so many days for others now as they are processing quickly. All the best to everyone who are waiting to bring their family and God bless.