Parents of Irish children can now re-apply for permission

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
IndiansInIreland.com

Parents of Irish children can now re-apply for permission

Post by IndiansInIreland.com » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:13 pm

Parents of Irish children can now re-apply for permission to stay in Ireland

If you are a parent of an Irish child who was born before 1st January 2005, you can now re-apply for permission to stay in Ireland.
What has happened?
The Irish Government has put in place a new system to accept applications for permission to stay in Ireland from parents of Irish children who were born before January 1st 2005. This new process is now in place and the Department of Justice is now receiving applications from parents who would like to re-apply for permission to stay in Ireland on the basis of having an Irish child.

Who does the new system apply to?
This new system applies to all parents from outside Ireland, whose child was born before January 1st 2005, and does not apply to parents of children born on/after January 1st 2005. If you would like more information on the rights of your child born since January 1st 2005, please contact the Immigrant Council of Ireland.

Who should apply for permission to stay in Ireland under this new process?
All parents from outside Ireland, who have Irish children that were born before 1st January 2005, and have been living in Ireland since their birth, can apply for permission to remain in Ireland under this new scheme. Please note: If you previously applied for residency in Ireland on the basis of being a parent of an Irish child, you must RE-APPLY, using the new form which is now available. (see below and at: http://www.justice.ie ).

If you have already received permission to remain in Ireland as a parent of an Irish child, you do not have to re-apply as this new process does not affect you.

When is the deadline for applications?
All applications must be sent to the Department of Justice (address below) by the end of March 2005. This is the final deadline for receipt of applications.

PLEASE READ THE GOVERNMENT NOTICE BELOW AND DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE:

GOVERNMENT NOTICE 14 January 2005
NOTICE TO NON-NATIONAL PARENTS OF IRISH BORN CHILDREN REVISED ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF APPLICATIONS FOR PERMISSION TO REMAIN MADE BY THE NON-NATIONAL PARENTS OF IRISH BORN CHILDREN BORN BEFORE 1 JANUARY, 2005
The contents of this Notice do not affect those parents who have already been granted permission to remain in the State.

This notice sets out details of the new arrangements which are being introduced with effect from today. Applications from non-national parents of Irish born children born before 1 January, 2005 for permission to remain in the State can be made on form IBC/05. This form is now available on our website at http://www.justice.ie Hard copies of the form will be available with effect from 21st January 2005 at the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, Garda District Headquarters stations outside Dublin and at all Reception and Integration Agency accommodation centres countrywide. Forms will also be distributed to various non-governmental organisations working with immigrants and asylum seekers. Blank forms can be photocopied and applications submitted on photocopied forms.
Please note that if you have previously applied for permission to remain based on parentage of an Irish born child and your application was not processed to a conclusion, you must re-apply by completing an application form under this new scheme. If both parents are applying, they must do so on separate forms. Completed applications must be submitted before the end of March 2005. Applications will be processed as quickly as possible.
Your completed application form should be accompanied by the following documents:
Original passport/National Identity card (not GNIB card) of the adult applicant
Original birth certificate for Irish born child
2 passport size photographs of the adult applicant (each one signed on back)
Evidence of continuous residence in the State since the birth of the child (utility bills, lease/rental agreements, etc)
Letter from your Community Welfare Officer stating the period that you have been in receipt of welfare payments in the State
If you have been employed in the State, details of that employment, such as tax certificate, letter from employer, etc

Important: All documents must be original documents and copies of documents will not be accepted.

If you are unable to provide any of the above documents, please include a note explaining why this is the case. If you have already sent any of the above documents to the Department please give details.
Each applicant will be required to make a statutory declaration as to their future conduct which must be made in front of and signed by a Notary Public, a Commissioner for Oaths or a Peace Commissioner.
Each case will be examined on its merits and successful applicants will be granted permission to remain for an initial period of two years. Applicants will be required to acknowledge that the granting of permission to remain does not give any entitlement to any other person, related or not, to enter the State.

This scheme does not make any provision for persons granted permission to be joined by family members from outside the State.
Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. In order to facilitate processing, queries will not be answered over the telephone. All queries should be put in writing and sent to the following address:

Irish Born Child Unit
Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
P.O. Box 10003
Dublin 2

Source : Immigrant Council of Ireland

IndiansInIreland.com

Update

Post by IndiansInIreland.com » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:15 pm

Information Leaflet - Frequently Asked Question's regarding applications for permission to remain in Ireland on the basis of parentage of an Irish child

On the 15th January 2005, the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform announced the details of the new administrative arrangements for parents of Irish children, born before the 1st January 2005, to apply for residency in Ireland. Each parent who wishes to apply for residency in Ireland on the basis of his or her parentage of an Irish child must complete Form IBC/05 and swear the Statutory Declaration that is attached to the form.

The form is available on the Department of Justice website http://www.justice.ie
Copies of Form IBC/05 are also available at:

In Dublin:
Department of Justice, Equality & Law Reform, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2
Various Non-Governmental Organisations, including:
Immigrant Council of Ireland, 2 St Andrew Street, Dublin 2
Irish Refugee Council, 88 Capel Street, Dublin 7

Outside Dublin:
Garda District Headquarters stations
Reception & Integration Agency accommodation centres
Various Non-Governmental Organisations, including:
Irish Refugee Council, 1 Bank Place, Ennis, Co. Clare
NASC, St Mary’s of Isle, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork

PLEASE NOTE:
Forms must be completed in BLOCK CAPITALS and in BLACK INK. All application forms must be returned on or before the 31st of March 2005 to:
Irish Born Child Unit
Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
PO Box, 10003
Dublin 2

You should keep a copy of everything that you send to the Irish Born Child Unit and submit your application by REGISTERED POST.

Parents should read Form IBC/05 and Statutory Declaration very carefully before completing the form and returning it to the Irish Born Child Unit. IMPORTANT: You should not complete or sign the Statutory Declaration until you are in the presence of the person who is able to swear the form.

The information provided overleaf might provide assistance to anyone who has any queries regarding the application process.

minimani
Seasoned Member

Re: Parents of Irish children can now re-apply for permissio

Post by minimani » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

Hi, i am on stamp 4 and my visa is going to expire . My son has Irish passport (born in dec 2009).Can anyone suggest what should i do now to stay in Ireland.

zulfi
Seasoned Member

Post by zulfi » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 pm

minimani wrote:Hi, i am on stamp 4 and my visa is going to expire . My son has Irish passport (born in dec 2009).Can anyone suggest what should i do now to stay in Ireland.
if you are on stamp 4 then just go with you employers letter showing cuurent status of your employment and get your visa extended/renewed..

vishalathoula
Antispam: No

Post by vishalathoula » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:42 pm

hi guys i ve question will non eu students irish born child will be entitled for irish citizenship when he/she is 18 years old

rakusuma

Post by rakusuma » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi,
I am on Intra-Company Transfer (with GNIB Stamp#1) and i have been living in Ireland for 3+ years in last 4 yrs...

1. Is this stay is considered as an eligible residency?
2. We are expecting a baby soon and 'm wondering if child will be eligible to apply for "Irish Passport" (considering my status as above)?
3. If my child get Irish Passport, will my wife and myself will get Stamp#4?
4. If i complete 5 yrs on Intra-Comp Transfer, will i be eligible for PR?

Has anyone have a background of getting Stamp#4 from Stamp#1(Intra-Comp Transfer) through Irish born child?

Tks
-RK-

poorvaja1975

Post by poorvaja1975 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 am

Hi,

Iam a Parent of Irish born child who is born on 2006 he already got IRISH passport.
Currently we are residing at India, of some reasons we want to go back to Ireland.
Can any one tell me that Can we get Stamp-4 on the basis of Irish Born Child/Zambrano judgement. If yes pls let me know how to apply for the same.

Thanks.

armando35

Post by armando35 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi everyone, sorry for off topic but it is necessary for me because I have a son aged 2 years who belong to Ireland but I'm a Canadian citizen. Can it apply for me or it is only for Indian?

gold coast family accommodation

Irish
Seasoned Member

Post by Irish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 pm

If the child is an Irish citizen, you can get proof of this by applying for an Irish passport for the child. Once the child has the Irish passport, then the parent of the child can live in the EU, including Ireland, so long as the child is living with the parent. Permission to live in Ireland is so that the parent can mind the child, so if the child is somewhere else, this does not work.

If the child has an Irish passport, the parent can come to Ireland from Canada, India or anywhere else in the world, so long as the parent has contact with the child.

Re: non-Eu students Irish born child - the child is either a citizen at birth or is not a citizen. In this case it depends on when the child was born. If born recently the child of two non-EU students does not get Irish citizenship. If born several years ago before 1/1/5, the child got citizenship, if born in Ireland.

jayismyson

Post by jayismyson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 am

Anyone you know who is also joining UCC

shalinith
Seasoned Member

Post by shalinith » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:55 am

jayismyson wrote:Anyone you know who is also joining UCC
And how is that related to the topic of this conversation?

alezy

Post by alezy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:44 am

I will be coming to Dublin by end of Jan. I am looking for sharing men apartment near by Grand Canal Plaza

Last edited by alezy on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samantha67

Post by Samantha67 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:49 am

The forms will be distributed to various non-governmental organizations working with immigrants and asylum seekers. Blank forms can be photocopied and applications in the forms photocopied Pass4sure SY0-301 India

NVERMA

Post by NVERMA » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:31 pm

plz help me. i m here from 2 years now m expecting. is there any rule that my baby will irish citizenship, m here on stamp 2 and my husband as well.
somebody told me if u'll give birth to a baby (even during ur studies) after 3 years of living in ireland ,ur baby will get irish citizeship. is that correct? plz help thanks

dadypig
Seasoned Member

Post by dadypig » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Incorrect.. Unfortunately

The day baby is born.. You should have already completed 3 yrs of reckonable residence in Ireland.... And that 3 yrs will NOT count residence during the purpose of STUDY

If you Google, you will find necessary information to clear your doubt, children born in island on Ireland after 1 Jan 2005.... NoticeCBI.PDF