Getting Police Clearance Certificate from Ireland if stayed in ireland in past

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
sweta121408
Antispam: No

Getting Police Clearance Certificate from Ireland if stayed in ireland in past

Post by sweta121408 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:38 am

Ireland visa requirement mentions that for - Police Clearance Certificate – If the applicant was resident in another country for a period of greater than 1 year they must also provide an original Police Clearance Certificate for that country.
I was in Ireland in 2012-2013 over one years, and have to move again on employment permit. As per above document requirement mentioned in visa requirements , do i need to get a PCC from ireland, or since i was there and I had GNIB card it would be not be required ? has anyone gone through the process of getting the same from Indian embassy in ireland ? How much does it take when applying from india.

sbose
Seasoned Member

Re: Getting Police Clearance Certificate from Ireland if stayed in ireland in past

Post by sbose » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:15 am

You just need PCC from India as Irish official don't have access to your background details while you were in India, so they need PCC.
However for Ireland all your records for the duration you spent here will already be available with them. So no PCC is required from Ireland.
Just fill the visa form correctly and mention all the required information including your past stay in Ireland.

sweta121408

Re: Getting Police Clearance Certificate from Ireland if stayed in ireland in past

Post by sweta121408 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:53 am

sristi

Post by sristi » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:33 am

Hi,
Has anyone applied for PCC (ireland) from India recently?
Need some clarifications:
1. The website asks to send all the documents in a 'self addressed stamped envelope ' from An post. So if I applying from India what would be the equivalent mode of sending the docs to garda?
2. How garda would send back the certificate to me in India? Will that mailing cost I need to incur?
3. How long the process takes? Especially post covid where all these processes are getting delayed.

Thanks in advance!

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:36 pm

That's a bit strange. You don't need the Irish PCC for Ireland visa. You only need it from Indian Police.

sristi

Post by sristi » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 am

Thanks