GNIB Renewal - Appointment

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
SPKBhamidipati
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

GNIB Renewal - Appointment

Post by SPKBhamidipati » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:40 pm

I have been trying to book an appointment for my IRP renewal for past 1.5month but no luck. Mine is getting expired in 10 days time. Is there any way that I can atleast contact GNIB Dublin office & explain them the scenario?
What happens if I stay after my GNIB expiry? This process is really frustating as I keep spending most of the time clicking the chrome add-on. Also, seems many people use bots for booking slots making it difficult for people like me.

indianinireland1

Re: GNIB Renewal - Appointment

Post by indianinireland1 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:44 pm

SPKBhamidipati wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:40 pm
I have been trying to book an appointment for my IRP renewal for past 1.5month but no luck. Mine is getting expired in 10 days time. Is there any way that I can atleast contact GNIB Dublin office & explain them the scenario?
What happens if I stay after my GNIB expiry? This process is really frustating as I keep spending most of the time clicking the chrome add-on. Also, seems many people use bots for booking slots making it difficult for people like me.
Hi,

If your IRP card is going to expire you can drop a mail to burghquayregoffice@justice.ie.
You would need to mention below details without which they wont reply:

Full name :
Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB card number:
Nationality:
Date of birth:

You would ideally get an extension on your passport till the time you can find an appointment.

I was in the same situation a while ago, there are some free apps you can find which notify you when emergency appointments are available.
And trust me they release appointments any time in the day (contrary to the verbiage on the INIS site which just says emergency appointment released only at 2:30)
FYI: If you are resourceful enough with these apps and lucky then you might find an appointment on the same day (I found one the day i downloaded the app).
I personally used a chrome extension and a mobile app for notifications (Not sure if I can mention the names of the apps here but pm me for details).
Hope you find an appointment soon.

SPKBhamidipati
Seasoned Member

Re: GNIB Renewal - Appointment

Post by SPKBhamidipati » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Thank you. I managed to get an appointment with the paid service offered by the chrome extension you mentioned