FAMILY JOIN Visa - tips and statistics

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
fasolacork
Antispam: No

FAMILY JOIN Visa - tips and statistics

Post by fasolacork » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi folks, I wish to ask you what is your experience with family join visa.... In march I will marry my lady and we will apply for family join visa to live in Cork together but I'm afraid officer will make it hard and refuse visa ( travel visa was refused last year and I'm afraid they will refuse family join visa as well) .. I'm Irish citizen and working full time on permanent contract, my woman is Ugandan and living in Kampala. I'm writing here on Indian forum because you have very strong community and I guess visa procedure is this same for Indians and Ugandans...

Do you have any experience with family join visa application or can give any tips to someone who will do that first time ever?

In most cases the visa is approved or refused?

balac_m
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Re: FAMILY JOIN Visa - tips and statistics

Post by balac_m » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Welcome to the forum.

It is fairly straightforward procedure once you follow the checklist

1. You need to convince the officer that you have true intentions. You have to provide the officer with the marriage certificate, your communication history and your spouse's reliance on you.

2. Previous refusals maybe affect this application.

3. You may need to provide the officer with all your communication history starting from the first.

4. You should be able to sponsor your spouse financially.

All the best