Join spouse Visa - Delay during Christmas time and average processing times

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
nijith05
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Re: Join spouse Visa - Delay during Christmas time and average processing times

Post by nijith05 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm

akshay.avadhani wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Has anyone tried contacting the Irish Embassy through their official Twitter handle/FB page as such, may be tweeted them with their concern about the visa? It isn't the recommended way for sure, but just wondering if anyone has tried that before...
i did tried to raise the concern on Twitter tagged the PM as well the Irish one :D hope someone will respond to the tweet, how one can keep the passport for 10 weeks for visit visa.

Uk gives in flat 5 days, Schengen visa you get in 5 days, US visa in 4 days max. Are they short on staff or what, fed up of waiting to see the number on the list every week.

Regards,
Nijith

akshay.avadhani

Post by akshay.avadhani » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Pink sinha wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:52 pm
Kili wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:47 pm
This time also unlucky...called embassy they are saying it will take 6 months so need to wait again
Hi
This time also, i m unlucky. 😞
May I know the number of Embassy? please help me out with numbers and mail id of Embassy.

Thanks
Ireland Embassy no.: +91-1149403200 (Press 0 or 1 after the call connects)[Unfortunately, you might get to hear only a recorded message :-/]
Email ID: NDVI@dfa.ie

You applied under CSEP category? Together with you spouse's CSEP application or separately?

Chicku

Post by Chicku » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:59 pm

nijith05 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm
akshay.avadhani wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Has anyone tried contacting the Irish Embassy through their official Twitter handle/FB page as such, may be tweeted them with their concern about the visa? It isn't the recommended way for sure, but just wondering if anyone has tried that before...
i did tried to raise the concern on Twitter tagged the PM as well the Irish one :D hope someone will respond to the tweet, how one can keep the passport for 10 weeks for visit visa.

Uk gives in flat 5 days, Schengen visa you get in 5 days, US visa in 4 days max. Are they short on staff or what, fed up of waiting to see the number on the list every week.

Regards,
Nijith
Tats a good try...hope something positive comes out....

Wats their twitter page ...

Pink sinha

Post by Pink sinha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:07 pm

akshay.avadhani wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:13 pm
Pink sinha wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:52 pm
Kili wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:47 pm
This time also unlucky...called embassy they are saying it will take 6 months so need to wait again
Hi
This time also, i m unlucky. 😞
May I know the number of Embassy? please help me out with numbers and mail id of Embassy.

Thanks
Ireland Embassy no.: +91-1149403200 (Press 0 or 1 after the call connects)[Unfortunately, you might get to hear only a recorded message :-/]
Email ID: NDVI@dfa.ie

You applied under CSEP category? Together with you spouse's CSEP application or separately?
Hi
Thanks for your response. I applied for join spouse visa , separately. It's been 5 months , no response from embassy yet.

reswaran

Post by reswaran » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am

akshay.avadhani wrote:

Is it possible for spouse and child to apply together with the CSEP applicant?
My CSEP is granted and is starting Nov 5th. I have my visa appointment on Sept 14th.
When can my wife and child apply for Join Family visa? Do they have to wait until i enter Ireland?
Can they apply right away on the basis of my CSEP?

akav

Post by akav » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 am

reswaran wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am
akshay.avadhani wrote:

My CSEP is granted and is starting Nov 5th. I have my visa appointment on Sept 14th.
When can my wife and child apply for Join Family visa? Do they have to wait until i enter Ireland?
Hello,

Yes, being a CSEP holder, your family can apply along with your employment visa application. I would strongly advise you to please apply together for your own and your family's visa. In that case, your application gets treated as one and in most of the cases the visa for everyone will arrive together. Separate application for your family will go well below in the pile and you'll be stuck like many others on this forum. People who have made separate application for their families have had to wait over ~4 months before their spouses/children got their visa. Its a painful wait. Please avoid yourself from getting into that problem and apply for all your family's visa together with yours.

akshay.avadhani

Post by akshay.avadhani » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 am

reswaran wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am
akshay.avadhani wrote:

Yes, being a CSEP holder you can apply for your own employment visa and your family's visa together. Rather, a strong advise to please apply together. Separate 'join family' applications could take as long as 6 months. Please avoid getting into that situation. Visas applied together mostly get processed together.

milespoint

Post by milespoint » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:20 am

Haribidari wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:02 pm
Ashika wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:30 am
Hello everyone, did anyone notice timeframe for join family visa has been removed from official page of embassy of ireland in India!!! Now there is no information regarding timeframe of join family visa type. What is going on??can anyone explain please 😰
Hi Ashika,
I email to Embassay about that and got a reply that the processing time for join spouse visa(spouse of Irish citizen) is 6-12M.
I don't understand at all. I have seen the Ref no after me has already got a decision.
My Ref no is 3272xxx2. I applied for visa at the end of Nov 2017.
still waiting for the decision. Its really frustrating....
does anyone here who applied for visa on Nov,dec 2017 and still waiting for a decision under the category of Join Spouse(Irish citizen).

Hi Hari,
Any Update on your visa? Did you hear from Embassy

cryptic.insane

Post by cryptic.insane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:09 am

Just yesterday, my wife completed 6 months (Application reached the embassy on March 12th, 2018) wait under Spouse of Irish Citizen category, so I sent an email to the Embassy to which I got this reply:
We understand your concern, but unfortunately at the moment we are not in position to expedite this category of visa or provide you any definite time frame. In case we would need any documents we will get back to you.

Hence you are requested to await process to get over.

rick_rs

Post by rick_rs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm

The spouse of Irish Citizen visa's are taking atleast 10 months to process. I dont think anyone has received it quicker than this, other than 2 special cases, as they both had a child as well part of the application ("alhamduliallah" and "ssy"), from earlier posts on this thread.

Ashika
Seasoned Member

Post by Ashika » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm

904199B8-B4DD-4FE3-AF76-E91BC7C1681C.jpeg
According to the latest updates of august timeframe is still 6 weeks !!! Why they have to mention 6 weeks if they are going to take 6 months !

akav

Post by akav » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Ashika wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm
904199B8-B4DD-4FE3-AF76-E91BC7C1681C.jpeg According to the latest updates of august timeframe is still 6 weeks !!! Why they have to mention 6 weeks if they are going to take 6 months !
On what link do you see this? I can't see them on the usual page: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/india/ ... s-appeals/

Ashika
Seasoned Member

Post by Ashika » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm

akav wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm
Ashika wrote:
904199B8-B4DD-4FE3-AF76-E91BC7C1681C.jpeg According to the latest updates of august timeframe is still 6 weeks !!! Why they have to mention 6 weeks if they are going to take 6 months !
On what link do you see this? I can't see them on the usual page: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/india/ ... s-appeals/
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/india/ ... rish-visa/ This is the link .

akav

Post by akav » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Ashika wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm
akav wrote:
Ashika wrote:
Honestly, they have defied most of the stuff that is written on their website. Friday's list is not up yet. Basically, we are at the mercy of the embassy delays. I wonder what stops the embassy from putting it up on their website that the Family visas will take 6 months. People can at least plan accordingly and not fall prey to this optimistic figure. They reply to individual mails saying 6 months, instead they could put it on the website once and for all.

Ashika
Seasoned Member

Post by Ashika » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:20 pm

akav wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:01 pm
Ashika wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm
akav wrote:

Honestly, they have defied most of the stuff that is written on their website. Friday's list is not up yet. Basically, we are at the mercy of the embassy delays. I wonder what stops the embassy from putting it up on their website that the Family visas will take 6 months. People can at least plan accordingly and not fall prey to this optimistic figure. They reply to individual mails saying 6 months, instead they could put it on the website once and for all.
Exactly!! God knows what is causing all these delays! No more patience left.. how can they even keep someone’s passport for months!!