Stamp 1G to Critical Skills Permit.

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
DoctorRV
Antispam: No

Stamp 1G to Critical Skills Permit.

Post by DoctorRV » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi,

I am an IT Security professional with 11 years of experience and currently a postgraduate student on Stamp 2 visa studying in Ireland graduating in September 2018 and likely to receive Stamp 1G after the same perhaps 1st/2nd week in October 2018. While on Stamp 2 visa I am currently eligible to work full time since June 2018 to September 2018 as this is allowed during Summer term.

I have also been offered a fulltime Job in Vodafone Ireland a few weeks back, however they are reluctant in sponsoring a Critical Skills permit because of the only reason that I am still waiting for my Master's degree results due in September and they see this as a risk of rejection to the application and they suggest I start with them beginning September with the Stamp 2 permission and then continue with Stamp 1G permission.
Now I know that I am eligible to apply for Critical skills permit based on my Bachelor's degree qualification plus the specific work experience in the highly skilled occupation list, while I am okay to start work from September and continue with Stamp 1G but Can someone working on Stamp 1G permission apply for a Critical Skills permit on their own as an employee after say 2- 3 months or anytime while being on Stamp 1G? What are the important things to look for from the employer if the Critical skills permit application is possible to be applied by the employee and not by the employer.. I am specifically looking for someone with a first hand experience in such circumstances as I have gone through the minute details provided in the User guide on dbei website.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Regards
RV
Last edited by DoctorRV on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FaLCoN

Re: Stamp 1G to Critical Skills Permit.

Post by FaLCoN » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:58 am

I am in a similar situation as you. There would be few days gap where I can't work full time in October till I get my 1G. I have asked my employer to file critical skills ASAP so that with current processing time it would be ready by 30th September.

If someone can help with the information based on current timelines:-

How much time does it take to get the permit? (ATM processing 22 June applications for trusted partners)
Does the permit take more time than 2 months even in case of trusted partners?
Any work around for this?

Thanks

FaLCoN

Post by FaLCoN » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:18 pm

I am also in a similar situation as you. I have asked my employer to file CSWP, ASAP so that it would be ready by 30th September and there won't be problem working from 01st October.

I would like to know if any one based in Dublin got their work permit recently.

How much time did it take for trusted partner application to be processed?
Is there any other way to work this situation out?

DoctorRV

Post by DoctorRV » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Anyone with 1G to Critical Skills Permit experience? Please...

FaLCoN

Post by FaLCoN » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Doctor Rv can you ring me on 0892205449 pls