Re entry visa based on my previous GNIB card

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Swethaguna
Antispam: No

Re entry visa based on my previous GNIB card

Post by Swethaguna » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm

I am Swetha Shashikumar having Indian passport. I recently got stamp 4 Ireland Residence Permit this month 9/5/2018 until 30/03/2021. But my re entry Ireland visa is based on my previous GNIB card permitted from 15/01/2017 until 16/12/2018. Now I have plans to visit India in mid June 2018.so my queries are

1) Do I need to apply for new re entry visa based on new residence permit to visit India in June 2018 ?
2) Is it okay to travel back to Ireland with my current re-entry visa based on my previous GNIB card details but I have new IRP now?
Please help me in this regards.

Thanks

indianzeppelin
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Re: Re entry visa based on my previous GNIB card

Post by indianzeppelin » Wed May 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Swethaguna wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm
1) Do I need to apply for new re entry visa based on new residence permit to visit India in June 2018 ?
No. See answer to (2) for details.
Swethaguna wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm
2) Is it okay to travel back to Ireland with my current re-entry visa based on my previous GNIB card details but I have new IRP now?
Yes. The validity of the re-entry visa is independent of the validity of the GNIB/IRP card. So, as long as your return date falls before the expiry date mentioned on the visa, you're good.

PS: This is a public forum and mentioning personal details like full names is strongly discouraged. So, please edit your original post and take out that bit. It's not relevant to your questions anyway.