Naturalisation

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Post Reply
Bobby
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08 pm
Antispam: No

Naturalisation

Post by Bobby » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi,

I plan to apply for naturalisation and have couple of queries here.

1) I have been availing of the Child benefit for last 1 year. Is this an issue OR is it to be declared somewhere in the application form. Please advise.

2) Regarding the 6 week window related to absence from country, I need to understand how the calculation of each year is done. Is it
a. Based on Calendar year?
b. Based on the date I arrived in Ireland?
c. Based on the date when I apply for naturalisation and calculated yearly backwards?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

zeno
Seasoned Member
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Naturalisation

Post by zeno » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm
Hi,

I plan to apply for naturalisation and have couple of queries here.

1) I have been availing of the Child benefit for last 1 year. Is this an issue OR is it to be declared somewhere in the application form. Please advise.
Child benefit is not counted as Dole is. So, you can certainly say you did not go on social welfare benefit.
Bobby wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm
2) Regarding the 6 week window related to absence from country, I need to understand how the calculation of each year is done. Is it
a. Based on Calendar year?
b. Based on the date I arrived in Ireland?
c. Based on the date when I apply for naturalisation and calculated yearly backwards?
Based on the date you arrived in Ireland and you got your first stamp on your passport at the airport. This is the first date you used in your Residence calculator to check whether you are eligible for applying for naturalisation or not.

Bobby
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Naturalisation

Post by Bobby » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks Zeno. I understand the date to be used for residency calculator is the date of first stamp, but is the 6 week period also applicable considering each year from the date of first stamp? Asking this because in my case it will be 5 years and 9 months from the first stamp when we intend to apply.

Thanks.

zeno
Seasoned Member
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Naturalisation

Post by zeno » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Bobby wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm
Thanks Zeno. I understand the date to be used for residency calculator is the date of first stamp, but is the 6 week period also applicable considering each year from the date of first stamp?
Yes, 6 weeks every year.

The latest Form8 has following text:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form8-ve ... jan-18.pdf



If you were absent from the State for more than 6 weeks in any of the previous 5 years provide details of
all absences on a separate sheet and include it with your application.

crazykoekie
Seasoned Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:13 am
Antispam: No

Re: Naturalisation

Post by crazykoekie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Does work related travel or holiday makes a difference for 6 week absence ? It's not specifically mentioned anywhere in the application/website. The immigration only stamps in the passport when we come back to Ireland. How can they count the 6 week exact absence. If a person takes 7 or 8 weeks (holiday/business travel), do they go to each and every stamp on the passport to validate it? Such a strange policy. Can we challenge the rejection in court? It would be interesting to know more about this from other people experienced on this topic.

zeno
Seasoned Member
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Naturalisation

Post by zeno » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:28 pm

crazykoekie wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 pm
Does work related travel or holiday makes a difference for 6 week absence ? It's not specifically mentioned anywhere in the application/website. The immigration only stamps in the passport when we come back to Ireland. How can they count the 6 week exact absence. If a person takes 7 or 8 weeks (holiday/business travel), do they go to each and every stamp on the passport to validate it? Such a strange policy. Can we challenge the rejection in court? It would be interesting to know more about this from other people experienced on this topic.
Alread followed in another thread. Thanks you are there already.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43931

crazykoekie
Seasoned Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:13 am
Antispam: No

Re: Naturalisation

Post by crazykoekie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks a lot Zeno!

Post Reply