Child Miniding

Business contacts in Ireland
sway
Antispam: No

Child Miniding

Post by sway » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 am

Hi all,

We are starting a new child minding service in our family home in Griffeen Lucan. Rates are from 5 euros an hour. Pick and drop service available in certain cases.

Please contact me for further details.

Thanks
Regards

shalinith
Seasoned Member

Re: Child Miniding

Post by shalinith » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:17 am

Are you registered with HSE and have you gone through Garda vetting process?

sway
Antispam: No

Post by sway » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:03 am

shalinith wrote:Are you registered with HSE and have you gone through Garda vetting process?

Grada Vetting process is not required yet as its home based and limited to 5 kids.

shalinith
Seasoned Member

Post by shalinith » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Yes technically it is not required. And I am not suggesting that you are doing anything wrong but it might help you to have your business registered, unless you only plan to take on children of your friends. As a parent, I would not want to leave my child in care of anyone I did not know or could not trust. If it is a registered place, then I know that they will have the checks and balances in place. If it is unregistered then I would only leave my child in their care if I personally know them or any of my friends know them well.

HSE recommends that all adults (not just the minder) in the house are vetted as it is possible that the other adults may also come in contact with children.
Looking at your other posts you are looking to rent out one of your rooms too. What measures will you take to ensure that the person you let the room to is okay to be in company of children?

IMO, it will also help you get interest from parents if you explain what age groups you are looking to mind, what hours, what qualification / experience related to child care you have, what activities will you do, what facilities you have such as a garden or access to a playground nearby, will they stay at your home for the entire duration or will you take them out on day trips., what sort of food you will provide or if parents have to supply it.

So far all your post mentions is the cost. Most parents will want to more about the childcare than just the cost.
At 5 euro/hour, full time childcare at your place will cost 800 a month which is similar to an established crèche so it would be useful to know why anyone should select your service instead. Perhaps you offer flexibility or more homely atmosphere or whatever your USP is.