Furnished Vs Unfurnished apartments

General topic discussion forum
girish_m
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Furnished Vs Unfurnished apartments

Post by girish_m » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello members,

I was looking for rented accommodation for self and family in and around Dublin area. Some of the houses / apartments are unfurnished and the owners are unwilling to furnish it. Wanted your views and recommendations on furnished Vs Unfurnished apartments as I understand there would not be any rental benefit in opting for an unfurnished house.

What are the good/ reasonable options for buying furniture near Dublin area ? I am fine to consider pre-owned furniture as well. Is there a rental option as well ?

Thanks for your time,

Girish

inv908
Seasoned Member

Re: Furnished Vs Unfurnished apartments

Post by inv908 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:39 am

We personally found furnished apartments easier to settle in- the big items were already there, and we had one less headache to worry about when we are relocating to a new country. On the flip side, the decor is almost always netural and boring because its put together for maximum acceptability. Unfurnished houses will get you flexibility to decorate the house the way you want.

Ikea is a great place to start off buying furniture. They will deliver and assemble for an extra charge, which I think is worth for some big items.

Other stores are: harvey norman, homestore and more, next
woodies and B&Q are useful for fixtures, bulbs, garden items, etc

Donedeal and Adverts are useful for second hand furniture but you might need a car to bring back the items.

Not sure about renting furniture, havent used it here.

joe_joe
Seasoned Member

Re: Furnished Vs Unfurnished apartments

Post by joe_joe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 am

usually most apartments are furnished.
some 'buy to let' apartments may be unfurnished, i will say stay away from them