job search in ireland from outside ireland

General topic discussion forum
beingeire
Antispam: No

job search in ireland from outside ireland

Post by beingeire » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:52 am

Hello,

Hope you all are doing good in current circumstances. I want to know if anyone of you are successful in finding a job in Ireland from outside ireland.

I am currently working in US, i have been here since 10 years working as a software engineer.

Primary motivation of moving to Ireland: In US, it's almost impossible to get green card. I am tired of this wait. I am not concerned about money. I know there will be significant pay cut. I read that if you CSEP path to permanent residency is easier (2 years) and citizenship in next 5 years. Is this correct assumption? How easier it is to get permanent residency if you have decent profile ?

I apologize, if this question has been already asked before.

Thank you!

frafiq
Seasoned Member

Re: job search in ireland from outside ireland

Post by frafiq » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi,

I assume many people on this forum have been able to find work in ireland while they were outside Ireland.

CSEP is issued for 2 years and you are given stamp 1, after which you do not need a work permit to work in the country assuming you have been working without any breaks for the full 2 years. Then your stamp 1 changes to stamp 4. After 3 years (which makes a total) of 5 years, you can apply for citizenship.

There is also a general skills work permit but in that case you will have to be on stamp 1 for 5 years which means you will need work permit for the 5 years. I think once the permit is issued for 2 years and then for 3 years but again it depends on the employer because the permit can be issued for less time also.

Below page will help you in getting your questions answered.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... t-Permits/

beingeire

Re: job search in ireland from outside ireland

Post by beingeire » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:26 am

thank you for your reply