Schengen Visa from Galway

General topic discussion forum
prspeaks
Antispam: No

Schengen Visa from Galway

Post by prspeaks » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 am

Hi all,

I would be travelling to Ireland in the next week on employment visa for until (October end). I intent to make the most from this trip.
I want to travel to Schengen Area . I do understand that that I will need the Tourist VISA for the same.
  • Please let me know if I can apply for a Schengen VISA while I am in Galway ?
  • Is there any waiting period while in Galway before applying for a schengen VISA ?
Thanks in advance for your responses

Thanks
Prakash

inv908

Re: Schengen Visa from Galway

Post by inv908 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:56 pm

While applying for Schengen visa from Ireland the Schengen states expect the applicant to be a resident in Ireland - i.e having Irish bank accounts, having Irish Resident Permit cards etc. Even if they do take in applications for non-Irish residents, getting appointments is a nightmare and there are no embassies in Galway - you have to visit Dublin in person as they collect fingerprints.

You are better off getting a visa from India before you leave for Ireland.

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Please get your Schengen Visa from India .
you will not get Schengen Visa from any of the EU embassies in Dublin unless you have a Irish resident permit card ( which is mandatory) .

prspeaks

Post by prspeaks » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Thanks Goel,

Does this same apply for the UK VISA as well ?

Thanks
Prakash

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Yes please the mandatory document is IRP if you are applying from Dublin

prspeaks

Post by prspeaks » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks for responding

I plan to get the IRP card once I am in galway. Is there any website or tour operators that can help me in Galway. My duration in Ireland is just for 3.5 months , but i strongly desire to visit UK . I would be arriving Galway in next week so need to plan out things

Thanks
Prakash

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:47 am

It will take a month to get the IRP card itself. If you have time, get all the visas while you are in India. Since you will be here just for 3.5 months, I highly doubt that even you will be given with the IRP card. Also, you need a lot of additional documents such as bank statements, residence proof and some embassies expect you to be here at least past 6 months. Hence it is next to impossible to get the visa from here. There is a fast track UK visa facility in India(just look for cricket packages). Please try if you can use it.