Converting "D" Type Visa to "Critical Skills Visa"

General topic discussion forum
NewComerToDublin
Antispam: No

Converting "D" Type Visa to "Critical Skills Visa"

Post by NewComerToDublin » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a doubt. I am here in Ireland with "D" type visa (it is Inter company transfer Visa dependent).

What should I ask if an employer is ready to offer a job. My understanding is: to work in Ireland, one should have a Critical Skills Visa.

I would like to understand what procedures that Employer can follow to sponsor Critical Skills Visa as I am already having "D" visa stamped and living in Ireland.

Requesting your help in understanding the same.

Thanks in Advance.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Converting "D" Type Visa to "Critical Skills Visa"

Post by balac_m » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:19 am

Hi,

All you need to do is, get the "critical skills work permit" and change your immigration permission from stamp3 to stamp 1. Then you can work in Ireland.

To get the critical skills work permit, either you or your future employer can apply on the DBEI website online and submit the necessary documents. There is a 1000 Euros charge for two years work permit.

Also, the D visa is just a single entry visa and only allow you to enter once. Once you entered in Ireland, your D visa expires. I hope you registered with GNIB and got the IRP card, which is necessary for you to live here.

To conclude, you have to ask for the Critical Skills Work permit. That's it. The steps to obtain it is listed here --> https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... t-Permits/

NewComerToDublin

Post by NewComerToDublin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:43 pm

Thank you @Balac_m very much for the clarity. Now I will start the Job search

Your words gave good confidence to me to get a job here in Ireland. I had worried about my job search prospect which made to post here. This is a wonderful forum.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:21 pm

You are welcome! During the search, don't try the employment agencies. Try approaching the employer directly. Call them if possible.

NewComerToDublin

Post by NewComerToDublin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Oh!

Actually, I got a call from a consultancy and had an initial discussion. As you know that in India, Employment Agencies plays a vital role in placements related to experienced Engineers.

@Balac_m: Could you please let me know what is the challenge if we go with "employment agencies".

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:05 pm

A) consultancies cannot process work permits
B) consultancies always want someone who is in Ireland and got the work authorisation/citizenship already.

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Also please make sure that the Job you are applying comes under CSWP ,as fir inter company transfer there is no hard rule and even in eligible categories are accepted

NewComerToDublin

Post by NewComerToDublin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi @KGOEL,

I am sorry . Could you please elaborate below the line that you mentioned:
"as fir inter company transfer there is no hard rule and even in eligible categories are accepted"

Does this mean, for Inter-Company Transfer Dependents can do the job by default?

Thank you in Advance.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:15 pm

No, The dependents of ICT permit employees have to obtain a work permit to work.