Job Opportunity for Dependent Spouse

General topic discussion forum
DV2802
Antispam: No

Job Opportunity for Dependent Spouse

Post by DV2802 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:03 am

Hi All,

I will be traveling to Ireland next week with my spouse.
I am holding an ICT work permit and my spouse is coming to Ireland as my dependent.

She has good amount of work experience in software/information technology field and is interested to pursue career in Ireland.

As I don't have Critical Skill work permit, I can understand that she can not get a job authorization for just being my dependent.

In such scenario, I will request you to please guide what all are her chances to get a job in Ireland and what is the procedure for the same.

We are very new in here and guidance from seasoned members of the community would be very much appreciated.

P.S I have been searching for similar discussion thread in this forum but have not yet come across a specific guideline/ procedure for dependent of ICT work permit holder to opt for a career in Ireland.

Thanks in advance,
Deep

rawat.archna
Seasoned Member

Re: Job Opportunity for Dependent Spouse

Post by rawat.archna » Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 am

DV2802 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:03 am
Hi All,

I am holding an ICT work permit and my spouse is coming to Ireland as my dependent.

She has good amount of work experience in software/information technology field and is interested to pursue career in Ireland.

As I don't have Critical Skill work permit, I can understand that she can not get a job authorization for just being my dependent.

In such scenario, I will request you to please guide what all are her chances to get a job in Ireland and what is the procedure for the same.

We are very new in here and guidance from seasoned members of the community would be very much appreciated.

P.S I have been searching for similar discussion thread in this forum but have not yet come across a specific guideline/ procedure for dependent of ICT work permit holder to opt for a career in Ireland.

Thanks in advance,
Deep
I did a quick search on the forums and found tons of information about spouse dependent visa options and suggestions.. don't be lazy search again

DV2802

Post by DV2802 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 am

@rawat.archana,
I did check before posting my query and didn't find definite answer to what I was looking for.
But as you mentioned you found tons of discussion threads, thus I would have appreciated if you could have copy-pasted the links here.

However, I don't appreciate the words (lazy and all) you used in your response as I do not find them polite enough

nijith05
Seasoned Member

Post by nijith05 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:53 am

DV2802 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 am
@rawat.archana,
I did check before posting my query and didn't find definite answer to what I was looking for.
But as you mentioned you found tons of discussion threads, thus I would have appreciated if you could have copy-pasted the links here.

However, I don't appreciate the words (lazy and all) you used in your response as I do not find them polite enough
Deep,

Don't worry someone over here might help you, i cant help much as I'm not from IT I'm from Electrical Engineering background.

Enjoy your stay in Ireland.

PS: She( Archana) is the only person over here who is not helpful to others, not sure what she think of herself so ignore her.

Regards,
N

DV2802

Post by DV2802 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Thanks a lot Nijith for your kind words.

Yep, I started ignoring her..I just had a quick look at other responses made by her in this forum and all of them have same trolling tone!
So it's a more dignified approach to ignore trollers

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Sun May 05, 2019 9:18 am

DV2802 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:03 am
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
Deep
There are a lot of opportunities in the IT industry. All she can do is, just to apply for the job where she has relevant qualifications and experiences. Use LinkedIn, indeed and Irish jobs. Try searching for the jobs in the companies where she can get the visa sponsorship. She can get the CSWP soon.

DV2802

Post by DV2802 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks @balac_m, this is very helpful.