Schengen Visa Netherlands

General topic discussion forum
sriharshabio
Antispam: No

Schengen Visa Netherlands

Post by sriharshabio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I have issues getting a visa appointment for Netherlands embassy. there are no appointments available and i see people trying since one month with no luck. So i would like to try with another schengen country (Ex.Denmark). i can provide flight reservation and accomodation to denmark as first entry point and also netherlands. Once you get a visa is it really required to go to denmark or you can skip it and go to Netherlands straightaway. Please suggest. Thanks.

Harsha

abhi0505

Re: Schengen Visa Netherlands

Post by abhi0505 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi Harsha,

I am not really sure about that.

However, I was in a similar situation last year and I sent an email to NL embassy requesting for an early appointment and they obliged. In fact, they gave me an appointment in 2 days time.

You can try as well.

Thanks,
Abhi

sriharshabio

Post by sriharshabio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi Abhi,
Thanks for the information. I may try that, but the rules have changed since March 11, 2019 and there are no more walk ins. So not sure but worth a try as suggested. thanks.

Harsha

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 pm

I am not sure but Its not necessary to travel to the country from whom you got the visa ,I had similar situation and I applied from polish embassy as there were dates available ,I went there requested the lady that need visa in 5 days as I have a meeting to attend and I got the visa in 3 days .

then i had flown to Brussels without any issues and then from train to Amsterdam and then Paris