Moving to Limerick: Pointers

General topic discussion forum
verdhan.2017
Antispam: No

Moving to Limerick: Pointers

Post by verdhan.2017 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Hello all,

This is a fantastic place to get answers to many questions. Many thanks to the creators for this.

I should be moving with my family to Limerick from London towards end of May and request some pointers please:

1. Schooling: (a) Do we have to make separate applications for all the schools, is it any central place to see the seats available at a school level
(b) Can anyone recommend some good schools please.
(c) Will they accept in-session admissions.
(d) And how to assure that for session starting in Sep 2019, we get a seat.
2. We are planning to rent apartments in City Centre Limerick. Please suggest any good apartments with Indian population so that I can directly search for them

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Vaibhav

verdhan.2017

Re: Moving to Limerick: Pointers

Post by verdhan.2017 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello all,

May I please request some info here.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Hello Vaibhav,

I'm not familiar with the Limerick but some of my points as an Indian living in Ireland.

1. Every school follow their own procedures. You can get admission easily. The applications should be made separately for all schools. I'm not sure about the schools in Limerick but other members can help. They will accept the kids in the middle of the year but if there are any available spaces. Please contact them in the Phone for better results. You can google for them. There are ratings. Choose national schools if possible.

2. Not sure about this.

verdhan.2017

Post by verdhan.2017 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello balac,

Many thanks for your kind reply. Really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
Vaibhav

verdhan.2017

Post by verdhan.2017 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Hello balac,

Many thanks for your kind reply. Really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
Vaibhav

abhi0505

Post by abhi0505 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:47 am

Hi Vaibhav,

Hope you are well.

I live in Limerick. See my responses below:

1. Schooling: (a) Do we have to make separate applications for all the schools, is it any central place to see the seats available at a school level
(b) Can anyone recommend some good schools please.
(c) Will they accept in-session admissions.
(d) And how to assure that for session starting in Sep 2019, we get a seat.

-- Yes, you need to apply separately to every school.
-- Not really sure of the schools in the city centre area. I know that Milford NS and Monaleen NS are good schools in Castletroy area. You can search for schools online. I do not think there are any 'bad' schools as such.
-- Admission is very difficult in schools.Especially finding a school near your house. They will accept if they have a vacant seat but you will have to be very lucky. You can start emailing them to put you in a queue for a seat for your child for Sep session. All schools will close towards the end of June reopening in Sep. So better hurry up on that.

2. We are planning to rent apartments in City Centre Limerick. Please suggest any good apartments with Indian population so that I can directly search for them

-- Well , getting accommodation is a major problem here. I am not sure where Indians live in the city (I do not live in the city centre) but I do not think you will really have an option. Also, you will have to be here to rent a place. So depending on the time that you have you might as well just grab anything decent that you can get. You can check daft.ie for available rentals.

Let me know which area you will work in. I will try to give you more info.

Hope this helps!

Abhi

verdhan.2017

Post by verdhan.2017 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Abhi,

Many thanks for your kind help. We are looking to rent an apartment in City Center area only.
Hence was looking forward to some names of buildings in the area. And we are ready to go opposite way i.e. instead of finding a place in school in our home catchment, we will find a home in the catchment of the school where there is a place.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

Mitali

Post by Mitali » Sat May 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am also looking for rent as I will be travelling along with my family . Does anyone aware of 2BHK for rent in Dublin I will be needing from 27th May Please let me know.

Thanks