Be kind !!

General topic discussion forum
hypersonic
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Be kind !!

Post by hypersonic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 am

Dear friends,

Now a days we see lot of Indian people in Dublin. It is a good thing to see.
I would like to request one thing to all.

When I see Indian person especially make an eye contact, I say "Hi" or just nod the head.
Most of the people will reply with a smile or "Hi", but recently "few" people I see just turns head.
May be they are not in good mood or some other things or I should not be expecting a response.

One thing I want to tell here. Ireland itself a small country and Indian community is even too small.
I hope those people will realize that.

In the past five years of my stay here I have seen those people coming for the help at some point.
You never know that the person you avoided might be helping you at one point. So be kind :)

Thanks

yellareddyyalluru
Seasoned Member

Re: Be kind !!

Post by yellareddyyalluru » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:19 am

Nice post and to the point! A smile wont hurt!

Vipul2019

Post by Vipul2019 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:31 pm

No Offence to anyone- Every ethnicity or culture has its own way of living, but i worked on below points in last 6 years here in ireland to improve self.
Again i am saying these are my personal opinion and cannot be taken otherwise -

1. Showing courtesy and manners - Showing general courtesy if made an eye contact.
2. Walk Fast - Avoid zombie walking
3. Give space while in queue or in any public places
4. A good frequent haircut - which is one of the sign to show or present yourself
5. Walk straight, do not bend and walk
6. Avoid nodding head while talking.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 pm

Excellent points. Also, add

1. Thank everyone, even for the bus driver
2. Walking fast - actually, it helps a lot in winter by creating heat. We, Indians, always tend to walk slower. You have to build this habit. Otherwise, a grandpa or granny can easily beat you in walking.
3. Be straight - You are allowed to say "No". Don't say yes and instead of No.
4. Greet everyone if you make eye contact - A simple "Hi, How are you?" is enough!

rahman
Seasoned Member

Post by rahman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am

Indians have so many bad habbits which they carry from India, In India noone cares about anyone in the public place. This needs to be changed, atleast smile if made eye contact can bring some positivity (if it is a beautiful lady then its more :D). I mostly see the flavour of too much arrogance and not acknowledging or showing status as the trend in Indians when they come into contact of bunch of Indians in the public place. This needs to be changed :mrgreen: