Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

General topic discussion forum
balac_m
Seasoned Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by balac_m » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 pm

That's an excellent package. however, please note the salary you are getting after 43000 will be 40% flat rate taxed. You can find the Creche after moving here, based on the area you are going to stay in.

balac_m
Seasoned Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by balac_m » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Also, make sure to ask the company to proceed with the critical skills work permit and don't opt for intracompany transfer permit.

hurricane.123
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by hurricane.123 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 pm

balac_m wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Also, make sure to ask the company to proceed with the critical skills work permit and don't opt for intracompany transfer permit.
Thank you! Absolutely, given that my wife also needs to find work having CSWP and Stamp 1 for my wife would go a long way;

rahman
Seasoned Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by rahman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:00 am

150k - no way, what special do you do? let us know

siddd666
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:35 am
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by siddd666 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:41 pm

hurricane.123 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 am
I have been working with HR on this and things are slow as expected.
Current numbers I am working with: €150K per year (€104K base + 45K stocks/bonus). Looks like my wife can’t transfer with her current job, and she will have to find one in Dublin.
Worth the move based on numbers?
Also how far in advance do we need to find a crèche?
First of all congratulations on your offer and 150k is such a good package!! Mind sharing with us whats your role? Thanks.

hurricane.123
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by hurricane.123 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 pm

siddd666 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:41 pm
hurricane.123 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 am
I have been working with HR on this and things are slow as expected.
Current numbers I am working with: €150K per year (€104K base + 45K stocks/bonus). Looks like my wife can’t transfer with her current job, and she will have to find one in Dublin.
Worth the move based on numbers?
Also how far in advance do we need to find a crèche?
First of all congratulations on your offer and 150k is such a good package!! Mind sharing with us whats your role? Thanks.
Thank you! I am a senior manager in a specialized field with data & machine-learning.

rahman
Seasoned Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by rahman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am

Not sure you will have work life balance, any company will want to get good of you if they pay you that much. No sr manager I know off gets this much. It would be half of it or max 90k

balac_m
Seasoned Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by balac_m » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:28 pm

rahman wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am
Not sure you will have work life balance, any company will want to get good of you if they pay you that much. No sr manager I know off gets this much. It would be half of it or max 90k
That's the current package for the Artificial Intelligence / Machine language skills managers. The only downside I'm seeing here is the tax deductions. He will be spending around 58000 Euros on the income tax.

rahman
Seasoned Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by rahman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am

No way, which company you get this kind of package? its not that beneficial to the companies to offer so much amount for managerial jobs.

gvgdhar
Seasoned Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by gvgdhar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm

rahman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am
No way, which company you get this kind of package? its not that beneficial to the companies to offer so much amount for managerial jobs.
I know some local companies pay close to that figure for IT manager, which is just a support role. So I dont like to doubt the offer the OP is getting. There was another fellow who posted similar queries with a job offer in Galway, not sure where is he now

hurricane.123
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by hurricane.123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:33 am

rahman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am
No way, which company you get this kind of package? its not that beneficial to the companies to offer so much amount for managerial jobs.
I am not here to prove a point, I have got my questions answered by folks in the forum which has been super helpful.

hurricane.123
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by hurricane.123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 am

gvgdhar wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm
rahman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am
No way, which company you get this kind of package? its not that beneficial to the companies to offer so much amount for managerial jobs.
I know some local companies pay close to that figure for IT manager, which is just a support role. So I dont like to doubt the offer the OP is getting. There was another fellow who posted similar queries with a job offer in Galway, not sure where is he now
Thanks. I haven't followed the Irish market for long, but it looks like things have gotten pretty competitive recently. Also given astronomical housing cost in Dublin, I suppose companies need to be paying through the roof to attract talent.
We are in San Francisco which is a very high cost-of-living area, but the salaries are about twice of what we could make in dublin.

hurricane.123
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by hurricane.123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:39 am

balac_m wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:28 pm
rahman wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am
Not sure you will have work life balance, any company will want to get good of you if they pay you that much. No sr manager I know off gets this much. It would be half of it or max 90k
That's the current package for the Artificial Intelligence / Machine language skills managers. The only downside I'm seeing here is the tax deductions. He will be spending around 58000 Euros on the income tax.
Taxes are incredibly high; I am hoping to qualify for SARP which should help a bit (thanks to one of the posters here who made me aware of this earlier).

gvgdhar
Seasoned Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by gvgdhar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 am

hurricane.123 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 am
gvgdhar wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm
rahman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am
No way, which company you get this kind of package? its not that beneficial to the companies to offer so much amount for managerial jobs.
I know some local companies pay close to that figure for IT manager, which is just a support role. So I dont like to doubt the offer the OP is getting. There was another fellow who posted similar queries with a job offer in Galway, not sure where is he now
Thanks. I haven't followed the Irish market for long, but it looks like things have gotten pretty competitive recently. Also given astronomical housing cost in Dublin, I suppose companies need to be paying through the roof to attract talent.
We are in San Francisco which is a very high cost-of-living area, but the salaries are about twice of what we could make in dublin.
The offer in this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52240 appeared unbelievable. so people doubt when they see higher salaries.
All the best and post updates of how you get on

balac_m
Seasoned Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 pm
Antispam: No

Re: Considering a move to Dublin, feedback appreciated

Post by balac_m » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:09 pm

hurricane.123 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:39 am
balac_m wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:28 pm
rahman wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am
Not sure you will have work life balance, any company will want to get good of you if they pay you that much. No sr manager I know off gets this much. It would be half of it or max 90k
That's the current package for the Artificial Intelligence / Machine language skills managers. The only downside I'm seeing here is the tax deductions. He will be spending around 58000 Euros on the income tax.
Taxes are incredibly high; I am hoping to qualify for SARP which should help a bit (thanks to one of the posters here who made me aware of this earlier).
Super! Your income will be taxed in USA then? Keep the post updated so it will be helpful for others

Post Reply