Getting a critical skills job offer from Irish company

General topic discussion forum
Ramjilb
Antispam: No

Getting a critical skills job offer from Irish company

Post by Ramjilb » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 am

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone here are fine. Like so many people here I too aspire to find work in Ireland and settle there and like many of you I am finding it difficult to get an interview scheduled. I applied for many job openings matching my skill set in couple of job portals like LinkedIn and IrishJobs, but no response thus far.

I would appreciate, If any of you could show me the routes which you might have tried or heard of to get successful responses from employers. I and few others like me would benefit from the abundance of knowledge and experience here.

A little bit about myself, I am from Chennai, happily married with two kids 4 and 2. I am a full stack developer with Dotnet background with close to 10 years experience in developing web applications. If any opening might be available for my skills in the company you or your friends work for please let me know.

Appreciate everyone in this forum for so many contributions. Hope I too benefit from your guidance.

Regards,
Ramji

Ramjilb

Re: Getting a critical skills job offer from Irish company

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 am

Anyone??

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am

Not all companies are looking for candidates abroad unless your knowledge is super rare and they cannot find any EU citizen to fill the post. Follow the steps and try. It is hard but it may work sometimes

1. You first have to find out the employer who is looking for the employees abroad and have to approach them. You can get list the companies who already applied for the CSEP in the employment permit website
2. Approach the companies directly and not the agencies, most of the job sites ads are filled with the agency ads and they will ignore it at first sight.
3. Call the company HR directly and don't mail them in first place. Once you established contact, you can then mail your CV and etc..
4. If you have any friends or relatives in Ireland, ask them to find a job/refer you if there are any vacancies.
5. Prepare the CV and not the resume. All the companies will look only for CVs.

try them and post the outcomes here, so others may benefit.

rahman
Seasoned Member

Post by rahman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am

I don't think anyone will give you this kind of money, whats so special in you to demand/expect such money?

I would advice stay in USA only and enjoy good weather.

Ramjilb

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:22 pm

balac_m wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am
Not all companies are looking for candidates abroad unless your knowledge is super rare and they cannot find any EU citizen to fill the post. Follow the steps and try. It is hard but it may work sometimes

1. You first have to find out the employer who is looking for the employees abroad and have to approach them. You can get list the companies who already applied for the CSEP in the employment permit website
2. Approach the companies directly and not the agencies, most of the job sites ads are filled with the agency ads and they will ignore it at first sight.
3. Call the company HR directly and don't mail them in first place. Once you established contact, you can then mail your CV and etc..
4. If you have any friends or relatives in Ireland, ask them to find a job/refer you if there are any vacancies.
5. Prepare the CV and not the resume. All the companies will look only for CVs.

try them and post the outcomes here, so others may benefit.
Thanks for the reply. I don't have any contact in Ireland. I'll try to contact the companies directly as you suggested.

Ramjilb

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 pm

rahman wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am
I don't think anyone will give you this kind of money, whats so special in you to demand/expect such money?

I would advice stay in USA only and enjoy good weather.
Hi rahman, I am not sure whether you are replying to my post or wrongly posted here. If indeed you are replying to my post kindly clarify what you are trying to say. As you reply seems irrelevant to my post.