Getting a critical skills job offer from Irish company

General topic discussion forum
Ramjilb
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Getting a critical skills job offer from Irish company

Post by Ramjilb » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 am

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone here are fine. Like so many people here I too aspire to find work in Ireland and settle there and like many of you I am finding it difficult to get an interview scheduled. I applied for many job openings matching my skill set in couple of job portals like LinkedIn and IrishJobs, but no response thus far.

I would appreciate, If any of you could show me the routes which you might have tried or heard of to get successful responses from employers. I and few others like me would benefit from the abundance of knowledge and experience here.

A little bit about myself, I am from Chennai, happily married with two kids 4 and 2. I am a full stack developer with Dotnet background with close to 10 years experience in developing web applications. If any opening might be available for my skills in the company you or your friends work for please let me know.

Appreciate everyone in this forum for so many contributions. Hope I too benefit from your guidance.

Regards,
Ramji

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Re: Getting a critical skills job offer from Irish company

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 am

Anyone??

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am

Not all companies are looking for candidates abroad unless your knowledge is super rare and they cannot find any EU citizen to fill the post. Follow the steps and try. It is hard but it may work sometimes

1. You first have to find out the employer who is looking for the employees abroad and have to approach them. You can get list the companies who already applied for the CSEP in the employment permit website
2. Approach the companies directly and not the agencies, most of the job sites ads are filled with the agency ads and they will ignore it at first sight.
3. Call the company HR directly and don't mail them in first place. Once you established contact, you can then mail your CV and etc..
4. If you have any friends or relatives in Ireland, ask them to find a job/refer you if there are any vacancies.
5. Prepare the CV and not the resume. All the companies will look only for CVs.

try them and post the outcomes here, so others may benefit.

rahman
Seasoned Member

Post by rahman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am

I don't think anyone will give you this kind of money, whats so special in you to demand/expect such money?

I would advice stay in USA only and enjoy good weather.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:22 pm

balac_m wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am
Not all companies are looking for candidates abroad unless your knowledge is super rare and they cannot find any EU citizen to fill the post. Follow the steps and try. It is hard but it may work sometimes

1. You first have to find out the employer who is looking for the employees abroad and have to approach them. You can get list the companies who already applied for the CSEP in the employment permit website
2. Approach the companies directly and not the agencies, most of the job sites ads are filled with the agency ads and they will ignore it at first sight.
3. Call the company HR directly and don't mail them in first place. Once you established contact, you can then mail your CV and etc..
4. If you have any friends or relatives in Ireland, ask them to find a job/refer you if there are any vacancies.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any contact in Ireland. I'll try to contact the companies directly as you suggested.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 pm

rahman wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am
I don't think anyone will give you this kind of money, whats so special in you to demand/expect such money?

I would advice stay in USA only and enjoy good weather.
Hi rahman, I am not sure whether you are replying to my post or wrongly posted here. If indeed you are replying to my post kindly clarify what you are trying to say. As you reply seems irrelevant to my post.

rahman
Seasoned Member

Post by rahman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:00 am

wrong group

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 am

balac_m wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am

Hi Balac_ m & others,
Recently my Indian employer agreed to apply CSEP for me and the work permit has been submitted on 11th July 2019 with Recruitment method as internal recruitment. Unfortunately the client for which I am supposed work in Ireland hasn't signed necessary documents for the project to start. So I might not work for that client, fingers crossed that doesn't happen. In case such scenario arises, is it possible for my employer to go ahead with the applied work permit which will have old client details and once the WP gets approved then apply visa for a different client. Or what can be done in this scenario making sure I get my Visa for the Critical skills work permit.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:06 am

Hi Members can anyone update on the above scenario please.

SPKBhamidipati
Seasoned Member

Post by SPKBhamidipati » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi Ramji,

Though haven't encountered such scenario, it seems that it might not help. As CSWP will have the details of the company that you are going to work for in Ireland. In fact, the client that you are talking about has to fill in their registered number while filling in the details for the work permit. Also, once CSWP is approved, a copy is sent to the Irish company/employer. Considering these, It seems that it might not be possible, without consent of your Irish client.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:07 am

SPKBhamidipati wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 pm
Hi Ramji,

Though haven't encountered such scenario, it seems that it might not help. As CSWP will have the details of the company that you are going to work for in Ireland. In fact, the client that you are talking about has to fill in their registered number while filling in the details for the work permit. Also, once CSWP is approved, a copy is sent to the Irish company/employer. Considering these, It seems that it might not be possible, without consent of your Irish client.
Hi SPKBhamidipati,
Thanks for the response. May be i should have been more clear sorry about that, Ill try to explain clearly. The trusted partner register number, Employer Reference number, Company registered name everything is going to remain the same. Just the work address will have to change. My employer is doing the CSEP for me to go and work in a client location hence the client address was given as Employment address. If in case the client doesn't go ahead with proposal I might work for another client whose address might be different, in this case can I apply for the visa with new client address? Hope i was able to make it clear.

SPKBhamidipati
Seasoned Member

Post by SPKBhamidipati » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:04 pm

I understand that & in case the company reference number, address are that of your employer , not the client , it should not be an issue. As I said, a copy of CSWP is posted to the address mentioned in the application. So, if that is of your client, I guess that would be a problem.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:59 am

Ok I will check with my company. Can we provide a new address in the Visa application or the address is provided only in the work permit application? Thanks for your response.

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:14 am

Hi All,
I did check with my company and they've informed that we can change just the client address while applying for the Visa and it is not a big deal the work address in Work permit and Visa are not the same. Also The client has signed and started the on-boarding process for us so I don't have to worry about the address being an issue anymore. Thought of posting as it might help someone else. My colleague's work permit was submitted on 26th June and he got his work permit approved on 20th. Mine was submitted on 11th July and I am eagerly waiting for the approval and Visa process. I have few questions if anyone could answer those it would be really helpful not just for me but for two of my friends who are proposed to travel with me.

We have given our proposed start date as 29th September in the CSEP application. So i believe, we can only travel on or after 29th September and not before. I have few questions on the timelines
I was told I will be given 3 months to travel and collect my PPS and IRP card. If one doesn't travel to Ireland within 3 months they would need special exemption from DBEI to extend this 3 month period to travel from India to Ireland.
1) So from which date this 3 months is calculated is it from the date when the work permit status changes to approved in DBEI or from the date when the Visa gets stamped or from 29th September?
2) Again from which date the 1 year for changing employer and 20 months for stamp 4 will be calculated?

Appreciate if anyone could help us out here.

Thanks,
Ramji

Ramjilb
Seasoned Member

Post by Ramjilb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:34 am

Can anyone please clear my queries in the post above.