Entitlement Letter from Indian RTO

General topic discussion forum
njninja
Antispam: No

Entitlement Letter from Indian RTO

Post by njninja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:40 am

Hi,

I am looking to get a car and am currently taking EDT lessons. I understand we can skip the 6 month waiting period for the test if we can get an entitlement letter.

Anyone get who has gone this route ? How did you get the entitlement letter ? Do you have a format you can share ?

Copying the text from NDLS webpage

In Ireland you must hold a Learner Permit for six months before applying for your test however a holder of a current full driving licence in the same category from another country (jurisdiction) for more than six months is exempt from this requirement, provided have completed EDT and you forward a current original driving licence and a letter of entitlement from the relevant licensing authority in that country to the:

Customer Service Manager
Driver Testing Section,
Road Safety Authority,
Moy Valley Business Park,
Ballina,
Co. Mayo
drivingtest@rsa.ie

Lon2Dub2
Seasoned Member

Re: Entitlement Letter from Indian RTO

Post by Lon2Dub2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:02 pm

I have done this. You can apply to your RTO online and get a driver license extract instead. But you would need someone to go and collect the letter from the RTO and mail it to you.

I have used this extract in place of entitlement. Once you get this send it to the address along with your original Indian driving license. The permission letter will be posted to you along with your license

I am not sure if they would accept a scanned copy. I presented the original one.

somanisonalia
Seasoned Member

Post by somanisonalia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 pm

I was search online link on https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in site but not able to find.
Could you please share it?

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm

abhishek8720
Seasoned Member

Post by abhishek8720 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am

I am only seeing Odisha as a state in request for DL extract. Any ideas why?

lionp

Post by lionp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 am

I'm facing the same problem; can't select a State other than Odisha. I need to get one from Maharashtra so if anyone has any idea how to get this then please let us know... thanks.

goresh02@gmail.com

Post by goresh02@gmail.com » Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 am

Hi,
I have my learner permit now. I have 4 questions as follow:
1- After submitting my documents (Learner permit + Letter of entitlement + Indian DL. ), how long does it take Irish authority to reply back?
2- I am confused after getting the learner permit, should I go for EDT or should I give my documents to Irish authority?
3- After submitting my documents to the authority after how many days or months, I can have full Irish license?
4- On Indian DL I can drive for 12 months if my license is in English but can I also get insurance for the car?
Kind regards

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed May 08, 2019 12:05 pm

goresh02@gmail.com wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 am
Hi,
I have my learner permit now. I have 4 questions as follow:
1- After submitting my documents (Learner permit + Letter of entitlement + Indian DL. ), how long does it take Irish authority to reply back?
2- I am confused after getting the learner permit, should I go for EDT or should I give my documents to Irish authority?
3- After submitting my documents to the authority after how many days or months, I can have full Irish license?
4- On Indian DL I can drive for 12 months if my license is in English but can I also get insurance for the car?
Kind regards
1. In a week or two.
2. First, submit and get the confirmation then take the EDT
3. You can apply for the Driving test immediately after you get the confirmation. Currently, the waiting time is between 4 to 8 weeks. You can do the EDT during that time.
4. Once you get the Learner permit, unfortunately, you cannot use your Indian driving license for driving. Regarding the insurance, Don't think about getting the insurance on the Indian driving license. It's not worth it (I got the quote of 2854 Euros)

I advise you don't take the driving test lightly. The driving test is really hard. I've failed during the first time(I'm driving for 20 years in India). My friend failed 4 times. You have to perform what they expect. First, unlearn the habits you acquired from the Indian driving. You have to look in the blind spot every time you are moving off. You should always indicate. Don't overuse the clutch. Learn about roundabout driving, position etc..Take the mock test with your ADI. They know the test routes and train you accordingly. They will tell you if you ready for the test or not during the first lesson itself. All the best.

goresh02@gmail.com

Post by goresh02@gmail.com » Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your valuable reply. I really appreciate it.

1-Confirmation is done by post or email? Confirmation is free ?

2-Do they send our Indian license back to us?
3-Indian license are getting reduce EDT opportunity to sit on driving test early than 6 months or it get refuse by Irish authorities or it depend case to case ?

4-Do Irish authorities send our documents back to India and verify our license documents?

5-Do you suggest I should book driving test before the confirmation?

Kind regards.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Wed May 08, 2019 1:06 pm

goresh02@gmail.com wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm
Hi,
Thank you for your valuable reply. I really appreciate it.

1-Confirmation is done by post or email? Confirmation is free ?

2-Do they send our Indian license back to us?
3-Indian license are getting reduce EDT opportunity to sit on driving test early than 6 months or it get refuse by Irish authorities or it depend case to case ?

4-Do Irish authorities send our documents back to India and verify our license documents?

5-Do you suggest I should book driving test before the confirmation?

Kind regards.
I hope you are filling this form on the URL below and sending it along with your Original Indian DL and Original LOE .

http://rsa.ie/Documents/Learner%20Drive ... 20time.pdf

1. Post. They will sign and seal the application you sent and return all except the LOE.
2. Yes
3. Usually, they will approve unless you got the license within the last two years.
4. Not sure. But they may check randomly. They know every format of license all over the world.
5. No. Book it after the confirmation.

Divyamw

Post by Divyamw » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello,

Does anyone has an idea on how to retrieve LOE for a DL issued by an authority from Delhi by any chance?

I’ve applied with the NDLS for a learner permit recently and am trying to get benefit from the reduced-EDT scheme. Any help will be much appreciated. As I cannot even find website of the rto in Delhi.

Best,
Divyam Wadhwa

Lalit Mehta

Post by Lalit Mehta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Divyamw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:11 pm
Hello,

Does anyone has an idea on how to retrieve LOE for a DL issued by an authority from Delhi by any chance?

I’ve applied with the NDLS for a learner permit recently and am trying to get benefit from the reduced-EDT scheme. Any help will be much appreciated. As I cannot even find website of the rto in Delhi.

Best,
Divyam Wadhwa

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarath ... ePublic.do

Click on apply online and then services on Driving Licence.

rajpal.yogesh

Post by rajpal.yogesh » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 am

Hello everyone,
I have an update regarding the entitlement letter from Indian RTO.
Well, as per the rule from RSA, they need a letter issued by the ministry of roadways in India which issues the license and has some particular information.
For that, I registered on https://api.digitallocker.gov.in
All you need to do is register on this website being handled by govt. and link your DL with your digilocker account. This will generate a pdf that I have used to apply for the reduced EDT program. By this, I got an exemption from 6 lessons and can apply before 6 months. When you have linked your Dl with the digilocker account, sent the pdf in hard copy along with the original DL and the form filled sent to the address mention. For reference, look this: https://www.ndls.ie/images/Documents/Fo ... HR_WEB.PDF
I got my approval within a month and saved around 200 bucks on lessons.
Hope this helps.
In case of any query, write to me on - yogesh.pec@gmail.com
Yogesh
Last edited by rajpal.yogesh on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Post by balac_m » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Great! Thanks for the update.