Travelling to UK on an Ireland Visa (D Visa but currently Single Entry)

General topic discussion forum
nagendra16
Antispam: No

Travelling to UK on an Ireland Visa (D Visa but currently Single Entry)

Post by nagendra16 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi Guys,

We are working professionals having general work permit with long stay "D" stamp visa (currently single entry, but will be applying muti entry later). We want to Travel to UK for tourism. Our question is, can we travel to UK for short visit and travel back to Ireland under the BIVS (British Irish Visa Scheme) ?

We are a bit confused because the official site mentions that under BIVS, Indians & Chinese can travel to the Common Travel Area (Northern Ireland and UK) without needing a separate Visa.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... e_uk.html

Can anyone please tell us if they have travelled to UK and returned back to Ireland under BIVS on a single entry Visa. Is a multi entry visa required for travelling back to Ireland.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nagendra

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Travelling to UK on an Ireland Visa (D Visa but currently Single Entry)

Post by balac_m » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:13 am

You have to get the UK Visit visa. Apply in the URL below and book an appointment with the TLS Contact in Dublin. Also, you have to get Multiple Entry re-entry visa for Ireland. If you have the UK visa already then you have to apply only for Irish re-entry visa. The long stay single entry visa is only good for your initial entry to Ireland. You can't use it if you are returning from the UK. The Irish immigration will check for your Irish entry.

UK Visa - https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply
Irish Re-Entry - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/vi ... ntry-apply

In fact, there will be no check in the UK side for the visa but it is illegal to go the UK without the valid visa. Your long stay D visa will not be a BIVS visa. The BIVS is only applicable to the "C" Short stay Visit visas. Also, Ireland will not give the BIVS by default unless explicitly requested(In contrast, UK always give the BIVS visit visa)

prspeaks

Post by prspeaks » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi Nagendra,

I am also looking for such information . On the employment Visa , Can we travel to UK for Tourism and Back to Ireland.
I would be coming to Ireland on Employment visa and intend to travel to UK and then return back to Ireland.
Dos hare any information if you have.

Thanks

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:50 am

nope on D category visa you can't travel to UK

you must apply standard visitor visa for UK which takes maximum 15 working days

prspeaks

Post by prspeaks » Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 am

Hello Goel ,

Thanks for reply. Can i apply for the UK Visa as mentioned by you , when I reach to Ireland ? Am i allowed to do so .
Also can the multiple entry VISA for ireland be also applied when I reach to Ireland

Thanks
Prakash

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Post by KGOEL » Mon May 13, 2019 3:40 pm

yes you can apply for UK VISA ,they give for 6 months ,2 ,5,10 years depending on the amount you are ready to spend as Fee.
you don't require Irish Reentry visa ,as long as you have your IRP card valid

prspeaks

Post by prspeaks » Sat May 18, 2019 5:09 am

Thanks a lot for sharing the details. It will be great if you can share any more details as to how to apply and any relevant i formation around VISA. In my 4 months travels I plan to visit UK and Schegen area. Is the UK Visa valid for Schengen area.
Can you share any links as to how to apply for them.

Thanks
-/pr