DENTIST

General topic discussion forum
aswadref
Seasoned Member

DENTIST

Post by aswadref » Thu May 26, 2005 7:15 pm

Hi,

i need info for getting job for frest dentist from india. she has finish her study in dental field from india. qulification is bds
how she will get a job as fresh dentist here in ireland?
Does she has to more study?
does she need to more exam? if yes, what are those?
what is qualification need to do job as dentist?

any information/suggestion, Most Welcome!

regards
rahul

ssivanand
Seasoned Member

Dental Council

Post by ssivanand » Sun May 29, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Rahul,
The best place to contact is the dental council.
The details are here...........
Under the Dentists Act 1985, the Dental Council of Ireland is the independent authority charged with responsibility for the registration of Dentists. It was set up to promote high standards of professional education and professional conduct among dentists. It includes amongst its functions the evaluation of dentists for registration. Details of criteria for admission to full registration in the Register of Dentists are specified in rules made by the Council. It is recommended that any person who wishes to apply for registration or requires more information in this regard should contact the Council, as follows:

The Dental Council
57 Merrion Square
Dublin 2.
Tel.: + 353 1 676 2069 / 676 2226
Fax: + 353 1 676 2076

The Dental Council may grant temporary registration in the Register of Dentists. This would apply to dentists, not entitled to full registration, who are in the State for the purpose of employment in the practice of dentistry in a clinic or institution approved of by the Council. In accordance with the provision of the Dentists Act 1985 temporary registration is granted for a maximum aggregate period of five years.

Generally temporary registration is granted for a period of one year in the first instance but is renewable at the discretion of the Council, for further periods of one year up to the five-year limit.

The Council has approved the dental hospitals in Dublin and Cork and the Maxillofacial Unit of St. James's Hospital, Dublin, for the purposes of temporary registration. It also approves Health Board dental units that have a consultant-led service. A list of approved employers is attached at Annex 1.

Dentists primarily avail of temporary registration in Ireland to partake in further dental training as a prelude to presenting for postgraduate examinations, and again should contact the Council directly. Dentists from countries outside the European Union, who wish to obtain full registration in Ireland, must present for and pass the special Council examination, details of which are available from the Dental Council.

Best of luck to her....

Sachin
www.sachinonfacebook.com
www.sachinpolassery.com

meda

DENTIST

Post by meda » Tue May 31, 2005 3:46 pm

hai

if you have finished your BDS from india you need to write irish board exam to start practising in ireland.which are 2 parts and r normally in the month of september
and you need to apply some timein month of march for that.

the second option is you can apply in dental hospitals as house officers /senior house officers (dublin dental hospital/cork dental hospital).you can apply for the attachment in the above hospitals but these are un paid post.

ALL THE BEST
meda

maduraitherapist

Post by maduraitherapist » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:04 pm

thank u very much ssivanand...

ireland08

Post by ireland08 » Sun May 07, 2006 9:13 am

hai MAduraitherapist !! i am a dentist form India ..I am also on the same Boat !!
have u applied to the dental Council.?
Do contact me ..
I am also trying to write the Exam soon..
my email id
josephjoy08@gmail.com
my phone num
[0091] 98461 51023..

bren-nik
Antispam: No

Re: DENTIST

Post by bren-nik » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 am

Yeah dentists are really doing a great job for helping us to maintaining our oral health. In all visiting to dentists, Barnegat, NJ is really very helpful as they are providing the great combination of advance dentistry with there experience. Thanks!!

4PqwxI9H

Post by 4PqwxI9H » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03 am

The Council has approved the dental hospitals in Dublin and Cork and the Maxillofacial Unit of St. James's Hospital, Dublin, for the purposes of temporary registration. It also approves Health Board dental units that have a consultant-led service. A list of approved employers is attached at Annex 1. Recommend the Top Gear 19 a very good-looking DVD!
there is a will there is a way.<a href="http://www.firstdvdmart.com/">buy dvd australia</a>

Jones2

Post by Jones2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am

That's good bro,Dentist is tremendous job i personally think that is something really useful,Having awareness about it is kinda is necessary.
People who are doing these kinda things they can help a lot of people.

physical therapy emr

hemaeti

Post by hemaeti » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 am

hii, i m a dentist with 1 year job experience in india and i hav recently moved to ireland on dependent visa, can u plz tell me how to register with irish dental council, is it mandatory to have 3 years experience before u can appear for the exam...
kindly share if u have any information in regard of this...
hema

joe_eway

Post by joe_eway » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 am

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my wife are planning to move Dublin, Ireland early Jan 2019, my wife is a dentist who has completed BDS and have 4 years of experience, if anyone in this group can share how they cleared the exam conducted by DCI and started practicing dentistry in Ireland. This would be really helpful as we could not find any end-to-end resource where there is all the information.

Regards
JothiBabu

raman948

Post by raman948 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Can anyone tell end to end process for the same?
Regards
Raman

ojasviniaora8

Post by ojasviniaora8 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 am

hi all
i am currently doing my internship in dentistry in india and i wish to move to ireland as soon as possible.
so can anyone please tell me the details on preparation for the dental council exam for registration, about the study material, where to get it from and also about whether i can apply without three years of work experience?
Also, is there any way i can directly get into the post graduation course for dentistry in ireland by taking the mfd exam and then take the dental council registration exam after i complete my post graduation from there?
to contact, mail me on: ojasviniarora8@yahoo.com

ojasviniaora8

Post by ojasviniaora8 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:01 am

hi!
can u tell me about the lifestyle of dentists in ireland?
is it any different for indians than the local people?
how is living condition in general there for us?
also, what is the scope of getting good jobs after an indian dentist is registered in ireland?
how easy or tough is it to get registered with dental council of ireland, and how long does it usually take?
mail me on: ojasviniarora8@yahoo.com

aswadref
Seasoned Member

Post by aswadref » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:01 pm

There is lots of scopes for Indian dentists in Ireland once they clear the exams but the problem is passing the exams is tough with pass rates at a low,also they prefer to have MDS clear exams than BDS

priyateke

Post by priyateke » Thu May 02, 2019 6:23 am

Great post.Thanks for sharing this great information.well done :)