Seeking job - CA qualified with post qualification of 5+ years

General topic discussion forum
SindhuN
Antispam: No

Seeking job - CA qualified with post qualification of 5+ years

Post by SindhuN » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 am

Hi all,

Am a Chartered accountant from India with 5+ years of post qualification experience and prior Big 4 experience. Please let me know if there are any suitable openings in Dublin at any of your companies. Would be happy to discuss on the roles.

Thanks and Regards,
Sindhu

P.S: I am doing my search on Irishjobs.ie and Google :D Jokes apart, looking for some practical support.

wadalwat
Seasoned Member

Re: Seeking job - CA qualified with post qualification of 5+ years

Post by wadalwat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:36 am

Hi,

Are you already in Dublin? What is your visa status?

All Big 4's are present in Dublin and always are in desperate need of people......you can either contact them directly (website/careers) or through recruitment agencies.....but again it all depends on your reply to my above questions!

All the Best!

Regards
Wadalwat

SindhuN

Post by SindhuN » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks Wadalwat. Am currently in Dublin. well would be more than happy to join Big 4. Not sure what is the timelines they even take to read up the resume. Recruitment agencies, per se not finding them useful as they are trying to depreciate my CV.

Visa status is dependent. If a company is ready to offer me a job, am ready to sponsor my visa.

Let me know in case someone is ready for this.

Regards,
Sindhu

SindhuN

Post by SindhuN » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:43 am

Does handing over resume in person at reception work? Just a thought. Coz, I have not heard of any walkin in Dublin. Let me know your thoughts on this.

wadalwat
Seasoned Member

Post by wadalwat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:42 am

Hi Sindhu,

I understand what you meant and all the struggles with the recruitment agencies....I am not sure how long you have been living here but there are issue with dependent visa and job offers, even if you agree to bear all the costs for WP/GC on your own name.....All I can say at the moment is Be Patient......Contact agencies through emails/websites...Big4's are always in need, especially in Audit....follow up with them after a reasonable time frame from your job application. Don't loose hope!

Wish you a good luck for your job search!

Best regards
Wadalwat

SindhuN

Post by SindhuN » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi . Thanks for your reply. Its been 2 months and have been actively trying to get a role from the last 3 months. Big 4 s are like well.. no words to explain, they arent reverting and would not want to respond on mails or phone. How to reach out to them once u have responded to their advertisements? Follow up on application is leading to nothing. Quite hurt on the way Dublin is ill-treating qualified people.

wadalwat
Seasoned Member

Post by wadalwat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:15 am

Hi,

I understand your frustration and I am not trying to disappoint you but you really need to be patient....Spousal visa dependents face some challenges initially.....you may have seen so many posts about it on this forum and at other places too... The job market is picking up , especially Ireland is looking to gain from Brexit.....a suitable opportunity should come to you soon.

All the Best

Regards
Wadalwat

SindhuN

Post by SindhuN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks for the positive note. Anyone would be able to refer to any of the companies looking for CA would be more than happy. As the saying goes a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I would love to have a bird in the hand.

Thanks,
SIndhu

Mehtasab
Seasoned Member

Post by Mehtasab » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Please inbox your resume...will try..

hiralrd

Post by hiralrd » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi Sindhu,

I read your post today and thought of replying. If you arleady got the job then Congratulations :) if not, I would be happy if I can be of any help to you.
I am also a Indian CA with 4.5yrs of exp. I moved to Dublin with my husband in Oct 2016 and by the end of Nov 2016 I got the job. During the job search phase, I learned that recruitment agents dont consider our candidature as they dont want to get involved in paper wor/visa / work permit etc.
Contacting directly to companies would be the best thing to do. You have to convince them that there is not much paper work involved and that you would take care of all the formalities. (Put this in you cover letter). Let me know if I can be of any help in any other way.

Thanks and regards

Hiral