PCC for spouse regarding

General topic discussion forum
UserIndia
Antispam: No

PCC for spouse regarding

Post by UserIndia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 am

Hi All

I am working in Dublin and planning to apply for a dependent visa for my wife who is currently living in India. As i learnt from few posts here that the police clearance certificate (PCC) is also required as one of the supporting documents for the dependant visa application (though i couldn't find any mention of PCC requirement on http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family). So, my wife went to the passport office in India to get PCC issued there, but they are asking for Visa before they can issue PCC, it looks very strange that the Visa application needs PCC as supporting document and PCC need Visa as supporting document, they at passport office were simply not ready to listen anything, just demanding Visa as a pre-requisite for PCC.
Any suggestion/inputs will be highly appreciated, don't know if my wife should apply for the visa without PCC, can get police character certificate issued from police if that could be submitted instead of PCC issued by the passport office.
Thanks in advance

Regards

bhanwar

Re: PCC for spouse regarding

Post by bhanwar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:00 am

Hello,

I have applied for PCC today , with following :

1. We do NOT need VISA to get PCC from passport office.
2. If present address is same as the address in the passport, the only document required is "Passport" . PCC is issued in one hour. (in case of myself and my son)
3. If present address is different than the address in passport, the documents required are Passport, present address proof, marriage certificate (if spouse name not mentioned in the passport). PSK have sent the request to police, and this can take month's time. (in case of my wife)

BWR

bhanwar

Post by bhanwar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:03 am

Also,

Remember, all long stay visa applications to the Visa Office New Delhi must include a Police Clearance Certificate for each applicant.

Source : http://web.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=73701

Above is from Embassay of Ireland in India.

UserIndia

Post by UserIndia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:59 am

@Bhanwar

Thanks for your inputs, that is how I expected, it should be straight forward to get the PCC, but the passport officer in our case seemed to be very arrogant as he was not ready to listen anything except he wanted Visa, in fact,he also was asking for
employment offer letter for dependent Visa (So strange), this is how we suffer in India on daily basis in the hands of some sick govt offices/officers, we have to fight and beg for our basic rights.
I am simply confused how to deal with it as I guess next time they at the passport office won't even see the PCC application without so called "Visa".

Regards

bhanwar

Post by bhanwar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Hello,

There's a "Document Advisor" section on the passport india website, choose the same and take print-out of it. This may help to convince the officer.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Online Form Submission >>
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... cOnlineApp

List of Documents Required for PCC Issuance >>
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... ccPassport

As mentioned on the first link, ask your wife to take the print of the application receipt. Also ask to take prints of above web-pages. Then go to the Passport office on the appointment day/time.

If they still deny, ask them to show where it is written that Visa is needed in advance. If they do not show, ask the person's name and designation. Then complain to the persons here >>
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... iefOfficer

UserIndia

Post by UserIndia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:51 pm

@Zeno and Bhanwar

Many thanks for the valuable info and suggestions, appreciate your favor, will give it one more try to see if by luck something good turns out.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 pm

UserIndia wrote:@Zeno and Bhanwar

Many thanks for the valuable info and suggestions, appreciate your favor, will give it one more try to see if by luck something good turns out.
By action not by luck.

sherryalex

Post by sherryalex » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 am

Hai sir,
Gone through the page. Good support for those who wish to visit Ireland.

My wife is planning to move to Ireland and soon we (Me and Kids) also. My query is that do i need to obtain PCC from all the countries i visited? I mean i worked in Abu Dhabi and also in Qatar. So do i need to obtain PCC from those countries.

Hope you all can help me.

Thanks
Sherry Alex